What does it mean when a girl tells you not to call her “baby”?

I was dating that girl that I like so I called her “baby” over text, so she replied to me: “I’m not your baby ;)” (with a wink). Does it mean she’s not romantically interested in me, or does it mean that she wants to take things slow?

What Girls Said 3

• It means she wants to take things slower. There is NO way in hell I would send a wink emoticon to a man that I don't like... IF she's a healthy functioning female, that is.

I did the exact same with a man that I really like. I told him to call me by my name rather. It took him a while, but he ended up doing it. :p

• aha it's just probably embarrassing for her, she's still interested in you, don't worry~.

• I hate it when people call me baby... Just something about it really irks me.

Yes, & you never know who else he's calling that. Nicknames are universal, PLUS, it's impersonal...

What Guys Said 0