Is this age gap too big?

I'm 17 years old and I'm dating an 23 year old.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean it's big. But it's not as big or crazy with some of the ones I hear on this site, so I'm not fazed. But big is not bad anyways. If you're committed to the person and both love and have a mutual trust for each other, I don't see a problem with the relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. In some places you're of a legal age. MagiAlphaOne brought up the point of him possibly being old enough to be a dad, but in this case it couldn't be so. Take the person's age and subtract your own. In this case, you get 6. He isn't too old. If you were to subtract your age from his, and if the number is still greater than your age, then he is too old. Then of course, when you're an adult it won't matter at all.

What Guys Said 10

• 6 years from now u will be 23 and he will be 29
    Does it look big? I don't think so

• Not really, I know couples with bigger age gaps and they're fine as long as there is respect and love its all g

• i don't know if in general the age gap is too big but its definitely illegal if he fucks you. once you turn 18, though, no, its not.

• i think it is a little bit, but its ok not that big. dont worry

• No. From a Man's perspective... If HE is old enough that you could be his Daughter, then its creepy.

• grade 11 and 3rd year university? In many ways easier than if you were both in uni at teh same time.

• Thats cool... i like it

• i don't think it is too big.

• yepp

• I am 28 my girlfriend is 18 , who cares about age. Love is blind.

And girls, why does a 28 year old Man date an 18 year old woman? BECAUSE HE CAN! This is one of the few advantages a Man has in dating.

What Girls Said 13

• If you have to ask then it's already a problem.

Why?

Because it shows that you're looking far validation. You wouldn't need validation if you thought you were making a good choice.

• Just be careful you dont get into something more serious than you want to

• It may seem big now but later on it won't. My mom and stepdad were 5 years apart and he and his second wife were 14 years apart. As long as neither of you have a problem with the age difference who cares what anyone else thinks?

• Well... I'd do it lol.
    I think it's okay, as long as it's a healthy relationship and you're both reasonably mature.

• Technically no but you are underaged so that will raise some flags, you should wait a year..

• I think if you're older it won't seem like it but 17 is underage so your mind automatically thinks 23 is older and there's a big gap

• Do you guys even have anything in common? why didn't he waited until you were 18? I don't know man seems weird.

• Not at all

• No I don't think it's that bad.. I probably would wait to have sex until you're legal tho

Damn most people would call me a pedo for fucking a 17 year old lol surprised at the answers here.

Hey OP. Give me your address so I can come visit you in your Europe. I'm totally not creeping on you. I'll give you my address to make you feel more comfortable

It's

4271 Apple Tree Lane Chino CA 92716 US
      Phone number is..
      (521)413-2715

You can call me anytime between 12AM to 11:59PM

@Fearless_banana lmfaooooo

• No it's fine. I'd date someone 10 years older than me.

• It's cool. I really don't see a really big difference between the age 17, and 23.

• My parents are 16 years apart

• no its ok i think