Ever ended up liking someone a lot early on but hid it?

This doesn't usually happen but I had an amazing date with one of the girls I've been seeing as of late and not only was she very physically attractive but we had so much in common as well.

She's into metal and horror, two of my favorites and our conversations flowed so well. Not to mention we made out to one of my favorite songs, that she put on. It was unreal.

Not to put her on a pedestal but that was the most I've been blown away by someone, let alone on a first date, in a long time. I didn't realize how much I liked her till a day after out date. During our date, I was calm as could be and interested but very laid back but I had some feelings when thinking about it a day after.

I'm a little self conscious and self aware about it because even though were still talking, I feel like I could talk to her all day but at the same time, I don't wanna seem clingy or overly interested.

I hate when this happens though because generally I try to keep my options open and take it slow but you can't control how you feel. You can control how you act on it though which I think I'm good at.

Ever been in this situation?

Most Helpful Girl

• always im never comfortable liking someone so if i do i lay low so i have time to ease into the feeling. sometimes i miss out oh well. can't rush it, :)

Yeah from my experience, acting overly interested or just coming off that way has never worked in my favor.

Well it's not so much that I'm worried what she'll think necessarily, but there was one time I started seeing a girl who seemed very into me and was moving too fast, which caused me to move fast, misread signals, and made a mistake that ended it all. I was very depressed afterwards. It turned out the girl used me as a rebound.

Now said girl I mentioned isn't using me as a rebound but the fact I felt a strong connection on just the first date kinda makes me self aware that it's ok to feel for her but not act overly eager.

If that makes any sense.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah few days ago I had a first date with a guy (at my place). It's also the first time I saw him in person. I really liked him instantly and I was 100% sure he liked me as well. We had a lot of fun and at the end of the date we made out. He asked me if he could see me again this weekend and I said yes. I was so excited! But he never called me again. It's weekend now but I'm not excited anymore, I'm pretty sure he changed his mind and is gone. Oh well, next!

Sorry to hear that. Did you try contacting him at least?

That is the worst. When a date shows a ton of interest on the first date or two only for them to flake right after. Really messes with your head.

If a person isn't interested on the first date and you can tell, you at least know.

That is true though I've had times where I've gotten to the 2nd date or even 4th then they'd still flake after that. How do you explain that?

I feel like I should be cautious with this girl. She responds to my text but hasn't initiated much after our date except for a few snapchats here and there and liking my Instagram pics.

Not to over analyze shit and I'm not ruling her out but at the same time, I don't wanna be the one who appears overly interested. Not a good spot to be in.

I just can't help who I feel for. I don't get that blown away by someone easily. Rare occurrence for sure.

What Guys Said 0