Age differences?

I know a few girls in their early 20's that date guys around my age. Now I don't date anyone that young, different planets I think. But do you see a relationship work with like a 12 year age difference?

Most Helpful Girl

• If she's 28 and he's like 40, then yeah. As long as the younger party is old enough to have "experienced" the world and know what they want in life and have already kick started it (ie gone to college, already working and at least aiming for independence, have been out in the world), then I don't see anything wrong with it. There's an obvious generation gap, but it could work as long as both parties are mature minded and ready to settle down.

23 is a bit young, she still probably doesn't know what she wants to do with her life and you don't want to invest time and money in her just for her to find out later that she doesn't see a desirable future with you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why wouldn't it work? If both are in love with each other, the likelihood of this relationship to fail is no better than that of a few year age difference. It depends on the people and the context of the relationship. Age difference isn't an issue as long as the two are committed.

What Girls Said 15

• Yes, I do. It is not the age that matters but the connection that does. Seriously.

• I'm complicatedly involved (not exactly dating) with a 35 year old and I'm 21. Pretty sure we only get along because he acts like a 21 year old. lol For real now though, one of the reasons why it's complicated is because we're at different stages in our lives: I'm an undergrad & he's a PhD. He's probably thinking of getting married and settling soon while I'm focused on graduating, pursuing my career, and traveling. I know that whatever we are, it won't last for much longer. It's definitely easier to date someone closer to my age.

• My father is 11 years older than my mother so yeah I guess it can see it would work.
    I just truned 21 and if I've ever got the chance to marry my "Crush" who's 32 I wouuuuuuuld <3

• Worked for me. I married a 35 year old man when I was 23. We've been married for 17 years now and we are still both very happy. :) Depends on the couple and the circumstances, I think.

• I don't really see a problem with it, it's all about being matched in maturity, not necessarily in age.
    When I'm older (aka legal) I'll probably date up by a few years.

• Yes. I know a girl who married someone exactly 12 years her senior. They are happily married with 3 little kids. It can work out

• I totally agree, I'm one of them. I'm into guys your age. As long as he's not 12 years younger than me I see no harm in it.

• I think it can work out sometimes. A male friend of mine (34) is dating a 22 year old, and they seem to get along pretty well. When I was 26, I dated a 44 year old guy. To this day, he's still the best guy I've dated.

• Not now

• People should date who they like irrespective of age... the end.

• i date guy 30 years older than me, not different planets. met him when i was 23 and he was 53

• too much difference!!

• My dad was 18 years older than my mum so I know it can work for some people. Definitely not for me though. I'd only ever go for a guy close to me in age, and I'm now very happy with my boyfriend who's 11 months younger than me

• Occasionally. The ones where they genuinely like each other and it's not trading a young hot bod for money.

• It can work if both are wise and gets along well.

What Guys Said 2

• If they have things in common and similar (same) stage in life, then yes, it could work

• Why people are so worry about age differences? It's just a number.