Why do single guys enjoy having online dating profiles just to talk to women without the intention of meeting them?

and no, NOT married men or guys in relationships or old men posing as other more attractive young men. I'm speaking of true men, who are who they are on their profile, get an online dating profile (tinder, plenty of fish, etc) and just get it to talk to women but then flake out when it comes to meeting? I seriously just came across a guy on tinder who had as his bio description something about how he is only on there to have deep conversations and then he'll randomly stop responding and make women question their worth and confidence and whatever. Um what's the thrill of that? I'm online to meet actual guys and I've noticed that many have profiles and are active but don't have real intentions of meeting any women in real life. I was talking to one guy and we even added each other on Facebook, and no matter how much I try, he flakes everytime I try to meet him. We get along well too and I am a really attractive young thang. I don't get it. How can people be satisfied with only speaking online?

Most Helpful Guy

• How do you know if they are who they claim to be, and second, even if you do, how do you know their intentions boil down to just conversations and nothing more? What if, for example, they're playing the field and just being very picky about who they actually date among the women they chat with?

What Guys Said 3

• Because it's fun?

• They most likely use these sites to boost their ego up.

• Yeah, I've heard women complain about that. I don't get it. My dating site profiles are for getting me laid. Nothing more.

What Girls Said 1

• They chicken out when they have to meet them.