SNOOPING: Have you ever gone through your significant other's phone or email, etc?

What was your reasoning? Did you feel they had something to hide or are you just nosy? Did you admit to going through their phone? Are men or women more prone to snooping?

• I'm a guy and I have
  • I'm a guy and I have not
  • I'm a girl and I have
  • I'm a girl and I have not

Most Helpful Guy

• Whenever I'm dating somebody I give them full access to everything I have pretty much, I don't have anything to hide if I'm fully committed and invested into them. If they go in without telling me or without me having given them that info/permission then I'd feel betrayed because of the lack of trust and it would probably put a barrier between us, but if I had given it to her and she decided to get on and look it's fine. I can understand wanting privacy, but if you can't share that type of shit comfortably with your partner then you obviously think you're doing something they'd dislike or is wrong, which is a problem right there.

Most Helpful Girl

• I trusted him completely and never snooped, until he confessed to sleeping with multiple other women while I was pregnant with our child. I went through his phone while he was in the shower to see who he had been texting. It wasn't right, but curiosity got the best of me.

What Guys Said 18

• My ex and I shared each other's passwords for facebook, email, amazon, anything. It only made our relationship stronger.

there's a difference between thinking you can can trust someone, and having an actual proof of their loyalty.

• i did once

not proud of myself and i admitted i did it... my wife was surprisingly not angry about it and didn't even seem to feel violated (although she had snooped through my fb once when i forgot to sign out)

• If you have to snoop there is most likely trust issues with either you or her.

There is an old saying that is as true today.
    "Those who do not trust should not be trusted."

This applies to both the male and female in a relationship.

• I haven't but at the same time my girlfriend hasn't given me a reason to. If that day ever came would I? I really like to think that I would still trust her after all these years, but honestly you don't know what you'll do until you are in that scenario

• Nope I've never done that, never had the urge to!

The difference between the guys and the gals, is rather striking in this poll!

• She asks me to look into her mail sometimes: when she expects a message and doesn't find it.

• No I believe in blindly trusting even if it might get broken.
    Call that stupidity but that's a sure way to ensure your sanity.

• Never!

• Never have, never will.

• No, since I don't have a significant other and likely never will.

• Damn, why are so many girls snooping then accusing their guys of not trusting them lol

• Nope, unless she shows me.

• Lol, big difference. Girls do it a lot, apparently.

• I've been tempted to, and had access... but resisted the urge

• Yes I have. I went through my rival Hillary Clinton's email and found some nice stuff in there.

• I'm a guy and I have not

• No, I trust my SO.

• never had an s/o so no

What Girls Said 18

• No, I've never gone through his personal accounts or devices. Even in relationships, I value the concept of privacy. If someone trusts their partner, they shouldn't feel the need to snoop through their phone or social media accounts.

• I have, right infront of them- found him cheating on me, he changed the girls name to a guys, so I looked closer at the actual texts and bam.

• I did a lot in my 20s but now that I'm 33 I don't feel the need. I can almost go with my gut when something feels off or I feel like he's cheating. And things I cared about in my 20s like porn no longer bother me. I only want relationships that make me feel like I'd be a total bitch to invade his privacy.

• I have virtually no reason to.

• Nope. I either trust my partner, or I don't. Whether the mistrust is valid or not is beside the point - if I ever felt the need to snoop, I'd consider the relationship dead anyways and move on.

• Yeah but I've not done that to my current boyfriend. I see no reason to do that. If he were cheating then I'd probably find out about it without snooping. If he's hiding shit from me, the truth will come out eventually. A relationship that isn't built on honesty will crumble at the end of the day

• Nope.
    If I don't trust them... I'm no longer with them.

• no. I'm not that horrible of a person

• I only chose the last one because I haven't had a significant other to snoop through their things with.
    I hope to someday get that opportunity.

• No. A relationship is built on trust. I could not and would not ever do that to him.

• I haven't but me and my boyfriend are very open about everything so I don't think it would be necessary. My phone doesn't even have a password

• Me and my ex shared our passwords. It made us closer

• Never, ever would I consider doing anything so despicable. Period.

• Noooo

• nope... never

• I don't do that

• Yes, I have to all my boyfriend. I'm too lazy to take my phone so I take my boyfriend phone or when I see he have a message I read it, see which app he have, etc... I'm just curious.

• I did because he told me to, to prove he had nothing to hide. I did and there was nothing suspicious. I have even told him to look through my phone but he hasn't.