Would you be put off dating someone who's saving themselves for marriage?

• Yes I would be put off
  • No it doesn't matter to me
  • Depends

Most Helpful Guy

• If someone is there only to use you they won't wait. If they love you they'll stay faithful and will wait as long as it takes. So if my girlfriend wants to wait, I'll respect that. I might actually even suggest that she does. It's either serious or not, and if it's not, she has no reason to sleep with me. And if it is, then it's time for marriage. But if marriage is a barrier then someone isn't being frank nor fair nor honest nor serious. And then you know you should have saved yourself when you still had the choice. No bed until marriage, it's the golden christian rule, it's what's right and trust me it shall save a lot of girl hearts.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be put off.

1) I'd think he was religious. "Too" religious. Which I don't want.

2) I'd want to have sex with them before marriage to find out if we were compatible.

3) I don't even know if I want to get married.

What Guys Said 8

• As long as we connect then yeah. Of course if it takes 8 years or something to know if I'm the right choice or not, I would probably break up with anyone.

• Yes. I wouldn't date a girl that is waiting till marriage.

• As long as she would still smack me around and we could do oral and cuddle, I'm fine with it.
    Only if she is a virgin though. If she has already done it with someone else, then I wouldn't approve of her "saving herself" for marriage.

• At my age, yes. At your age, I wouldn't have.

• It wouldn't be a complete no-go for me, however, it would be I suppose a negative mark. In other words, I'd need to click with you very strongly or something.

• No. I'd prefer it.

• No it doesn't matter to me

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• Nope. I would respect his wish. I could blow him and do other sexual things. We do not have to go all the way.

• I wouldn't be put off however we would not be a great match.

• No, I wouldn't put it off, I respect the choices others make, and they may wait as long as they'd like, or for a certain situation like marriage.

• Depends, if we can't even kiss or 2nd base id be hesitant.

I was once talking to a guy who was and only a week into texting he said that the only solution to stop his sexual urges and act on it without guilt was marriage. He said that id be perfect even though he hardly knew me at all other than that I was a virgin... but im not necessarily wanting for marriage

• I'd be completely okay with it.

• I Wouldn't date someone who wasn't saving themselves

• I would be extremely happy to be with a virgin by choice type of man. But they're really rare nowadays.

• I will respect their views, but I will not date them

• I would be put on by that

• I'd be fine with it if he knew and was okay that I've had sex before

• Fine with me.

• no. but at my age, meeting a guy like that around my age is highly unlikely.

• Id be more than happy to find a man like this.

• No, I would still date him.

• I think the biggest issue would be that if they were not ok with you saving yourself for marriage, if you were doing it for religious purposes, then they probably do not share the same beliefs as you and you probably shouldn't be with them in the first place. But if someone really truly loves you for you then I think they should be ok with waiting until marriage.