Does it seem like he doesn't care about losing my friendship?

my friend is interested in my ex boyfriend and I got a screenshot of there convo and she asked if he promised he would be there for both us. Does it seem like doesn't want me in his life forever because he sure promised her that lol

Most Helpful Girl

• He said things change, and that is a clear hint that it's possible he doesn't want you around forever. We normally don't keep our ex's around for good, as that comes with emotional pain, and isn't the best idea for any party.

If your friend is interested in him, than maybe things will work out between them, but things do change, and life brings new people into our lives as well as takes some away too. I think your ex feels more comfortable with the thought of not having you in his life, even if he's interested in your friend, than it's best for you both not to be involved with one another anymore.
    That'll give him (and you) a chance to move on from each other, and you won't have to be reminded of those feelings, experiences, and times you two shared if he kept you around. Distance can be a great thing, and is probably for the better.

What Guys Said 2

• He's your ex right? Why do you think he would still hang around?
    There's not a lot of context here, so either
    (1) he's pissed at you and saying he's not sure he wants you in his life
    (2) he's a philosophical sort, and merely states the obvious that none of us know what the future hold and he cannot tell if you will be part of his life or not, but since he is your ex the ties that bind you aren't as strong as others
    Only you know the depth of that context

• To me yeah it seems like he doesn't want you in his life or isn't ready to commit to having you there forever. But honestly, how can you blame him? He's your ex boyfriend, he's probably hurt and mad or upset about how things went down for you two. It would be weird for him to want to keep his ex in his life forever, it's typical of him to not be sure if he's willing to commit to spending time with you.

What Girls Said 2

• He shouldn't be obligated to be there for you forever. And yes that's what it seems.

• Why tf is your friend going after your ex?