Is anyone in a semi-open relationship?

My boyfriend and I have had several discussions about the dynamics of a relationship and what our desires are. Since men are driven sexually stronger than most women he has the desire to have "sex" with others. Now in general terms I'm not mad at that. However I'm afraid he's more into an open ended relationship where him and I come first and if he wants to indulge in another then we talk about it and decide what to do or that may be something that we do together. I'm all for doing it together. He don't want to date anyone else just the possibility to have sex. I'm trying to decide what I feel as being comfortable and what's not. And of coarse I get the same regards.
Is there anyone that has ever been in this type of relationship and what are somethings to consider? I don't mind being open minded but don't want to get into something that's gonna make me crazy and over emotional.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been in a relationship like that. It was great. In your case it would be nice if you were bi and you could both share the other woman that way there would be a lot less chance of jealousy and insecurity on your part.

Thanks. I don't mind the other girl thing as we do it together option. Just not sure if I can emotionally handle the open ended part. Although he has stated that we would never change, it would never affect us and our relationship and that I am the forever.
      We'll see... lol thanks

What Guys Said 4

• I suggest looking into forums for polyamory/open relationships.
    They're specifically dedicated to answering this question.
    This website will have a majority of people disapprove of your choice.

• I'm single.

• I'm married and have a couple of FWBs. So, I'd say semi-open.

How long have you been married? How long have you had friends with benefits while married? Does you wife know? What is ever hard for her? Is there jealousy? What's the rules? Are there any rules... lol

We don't talk about it.

Oh... ok. Well whatever works i guess.

• Emotions will always get in the way

What Girls Said 2

• Nope. I am not. It is up to u mostly if u want him fucking other women go ahead if u want him to yourself then do not do it.

• Nope and I never will be. I can't share.

Part of me says the same thing. I'm just worried about them getting connected more than just sex and in get hurt