How to completely get over your ex who wants nothing to do with you?

I recently broke up with my ex a few weeks ago and I thought I was over him because I moved on was taking to other guys and then whenever I see posts of my ex on fb or when I see things that remind me of him I start to miss him again. I don't want that so how can I completely get over him fast? Pls don't say block him because I can't do that I want to but I just can't if that makes sense and I know he wants nothing to do with me and he doesn't reply back to my messages and it's like he hates me for no reason. The thing is we broke up because well there's literally no reason for why we did and he even said so. Well I personally think it's because he maybe wants to talk to other girls. But how can I get over him? And how can I make him want me back or make him jealous?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was just in the same situation as you. My girlfriend for a year broke up with me, and I tried to get back together but it failed miserably. My story isn't one of a kind, almost all attempts to get back together with your ex fail miserably. But don't get sad about that, move on. People just say move on like its so easy but a lot of people didn't have something like that happen to them recently. I just recently got over my crazy ex and now my life is better. I'm not gonna say get over it like it's easy. This is what I mean by it. Getting over it is gonna be hard and long but trust me, the pain will last longer if you try to get back together with him. IT won't WORK. If you accept that ur not gonna try to get backtogether with him the healing process will be 2x faster I guarantee that. The healing process isn't easy but you just need to power through it and just stop talking to him, no contact really does help during the healing process. So just enjoy your hobbies, don't think about him, and don't try to get back together. I was just at where you were, it seems like you will never get out of this slump but trust me you will, and sooner than you think. Enjoy your life, you only get one.

Most Helpful Girl

• Moving on would indicate that your life, your decisions, your actions, your thoughts do not revolve around this person, and yet, here you are. Partially I think because three weeks isn't really a long time when you talk about getting over someone, so in some ways I think you're trying too hard to force yourself to be over him right now, today, at this second, because you don't want to be in your feelings, but that's not going to help because that voice is going to keep nagging at you, telling you to check the page, Facebook stalk him, see if he's called until you decide to actually deal with your thoughts and your emotions and your loss of no longer feeling and being a part of his life.

Just like grieving a loved one, you need to experience the five stages of loss to fully get over him. Right now, you are step one, two, and three which are denial, anger, and bargaining. You have not fully accepted that things are over between you two, you're mad because he broke up with you for apparently no reason and wants not part of your life, and you're also trying to figure out ways to see if you can still make it work. After that, may come depression, thinking about all that you had and all that you've lost and then finally there will be acceptance when you know in your heart it's really over. You delete him, you realize you're awesome and can and will find someone new, and then you can and will move on with your life. You just have to go through it, and allow yourself to be able to see that he was a moment in your life, might have been some good times, but slowly and surely, there are greener pastures out there, guys who will care so much more about you and your heart, and then before you know it, he'll be just a memory.

What Guys Said 11

• How do I get over him
    How do I make him want me back or make him jeoulous to get him back

you are emotionally confused aren't you, reality is you don't want to get over him. I've directed another woman with similar challenges to help answer as she has more time dealing with this issue. so there was sex right? curious as to how much... why... because it creates chemical bonding in the girl (oxytocin). It can for the guy, but appears not. So you are bonded and that's why you can't let go... you've been drugged... fucked to be precise!

"No reason," I don't buy that, but maybe because he had you and thus wanted to try others. ugh... when will girls realize this "easy" girl thing doesn't work and causes problems.

How to get him back: Play it confident. Girls that are easy are also viewed as lower value to a guy... e. g. if they can have them, then they don't want them. If they can't get them, they want them.. that's kinda the thinking. So play it cool, hover around, don't be needy, be confident, be sexy to lure him back. Reality though... I bet that is hard to do unless you get...

Counseling girl... you need to get some outside guidance cause your brain is screwed (very normal) and need help thinking through this. Also need help with processing why you were attracted to this guy in the first place and what you learned from all of this... all that of is healthy.

you're very cute by the way!

how is hovering playing it cool. seems pretty obviously interested if you're hovering. and acting 'sexy'.

also how would he know she was confident unless she was acting confident around him. if he's inclined to think she's needy i dont see how any behavior would be considered not needy except having zero to do with him.

also curious how you distinguish between confident and easy to get. it takes confidence to ask someone out. but my guess is youd see that as easy to get.. bc its showing interest.

and you know going on a date or expressing interest doesn't indicated anything bc a person can walk away at any time. I don't know why people think they 'got' people just bc they find out they are interested.

So from now on whenever I meet a guy I like I should just pretend that I don't like him and that I don't care about him and kinda pretend he doesn't exist?

Not saying that and I was referring to this guy... where its aready messed up. I'd like to ask, how emotionally stable are you right now? If you aren't emotionally stable, trying to communicate through those emotions (conflicting feelings) is difficult. I've done this before and I know what it is like myself. I knew what I was asking you to do is difficult right now.

True answer is be the most attractive you that you can be... but do it with confidence, emotional stability, class, style, beauty, etc.. Guys will see that. If you like a guy, talk to him, flirt, etc.. But don't give yourself away or devalue yourself. That's my view, but not everyone is the same. you have to figure out who you are and be you.

You are attractive, wont' have troubles attracting guys.

Maybe it is best to take a break and process the emotions from this one... get some counseling to help clean up that mess and get ready for the next one:). That's what recommend.

• If you are really that serious in getting over him than I am going to tell you exactly on what you need to do in order to get over him

- Delete his number from your phone
    - Delete the pictures you've together
    - Delete any stuff that reminds you of them
    - Start working on yourself to get your self esteem back
    - Pick up a new hobby or revisit any hobby that you previously didn't get the time to do so
    - Look further to your career, make a road map on what you want to do and what you want to achieve

There are billion things that you can do in order to get your mind off of him, but understand that it's a slow process you aren't suddenly gonna wake up in the morning and day 'wow I feel like I'm over him now', give yourself some time, time eventual heals everything.

• it's just going to take time. be patient. probably wise not to contact him or check out his social media activity for a while

don't bother trying to make him jealous. that only goes to show that you are not over him.

• The sooner you understand it's over the better. Now move on with your life.
    "And how can I make him want me back or make him jealous?" Give him a chance? But that contradicts the idea of moving on.

• Block him.

If you "can't do that" you don't want to get over him.

• It doesn't make sense that you want to get over your ex but won't block him on facebook. Still checking out his profile and what he posts on facebook means you are not over him. Why can't you block him? You need to go do things and keep yourself busy. You say you want to be over him but want him back at the same time. If you want to be over him then be around your friends more. Since he messages you then with the flip of a coin ignores you just try to keep him in the past because he really doesn't want you.

• If you truly cared for him you will never completely get over him. The memories with him will last a lifetime. However it will not help ease the pain if you're forcing yourself to look at pictures of him on Facebook or anywhere else. As for as making him jealous, the best revenge is to be happy. However, I advise you to never take him back as a boyfriend. Anyone who leaves you with out a reason doesn't deserve you back. You're young and you have so many more connections to make with other people. Go out have fun, accomplish goals and live your dreams. Your youth is such a wonderful time in your life. Don't waste it by crying over some guy who isn't even there for you.

• You have too many rules.
    No man is perfect we all have faults.
    By breaking up with him he probably feels that he's not enough and it's probably too painful to be around you.

He's the one who broke up with me for no reason but the thing is last week he messages me saying he's sad because he fkd up between us and that he wants to meet and start over again (his exact words) but now he's back to ignoring me

• Move on. Out with the old and in with the new.

• Have some breakup sex as it's no strings attached as it'll help you move on from him 😉

My exGF and I did. The sex was amazing since it was NSA without the feelings of a relationship getting in the way! It helped both of us move on easier 😊

We still went bareback even though we had ended the relationship mutually 😉

Thanks for the upvote :-)

• You just have to move on

What Girls Said 8

• Develop a crush on a tv character based on his looks!

• Delete and block him everywhere. If you can't see any pictures or gifts he got you, it's easier to move on with your life. If you keep looking at the good memories you got together, the harder it will be to get over him.
    You can do it. You are stronger than you think.

• If you don't want to block him don't do it but please stop trying to contact him. Leave him alone! And give yourself time to accept that the two of you are done. Time... You just need time

• If u want him back go off and do ur own thing just be u for awhile and stop jumping into relationships. Better urself and go do something great something that will fullfill you as a person reguardless of whether you want him back. Dont try to make him jealous just keep moving forward

• (laughing)
    I have the opposite problem of my ex dates not wanting to move on from me when "I" walk away.

• The best way to move on from any "heartbreak" is when you care more about what you want, who you are and move on and set thise goals. When you put him in front of all your prooity, you are not focusing on yourself. Which makes no sense because hiw can you put him first when you are no longer with him...
    Like you don't know ea other anymore...

Look at the exp. with him as you have gained joy and loved by him. and bring that to build on your confidence and bring that to the next relationship.., that's what real
    Love is.
    Easy to say fir me, but it is really that easy... Hope u gain this kniwldege one day soon.

I read other responses. You seem to liking this drama. It shows you are both immature about dealing with relationshios. It's normal.
      Whe you show signs of maturity, you will respond positivitly towards thise who are giving you positive advice.
      Immature-
      1. want to make him jealous.
      2. I stalk him on FB - but I won't block him ( liking drama)
      3. I broke up with him a few weeks ago...
      No, he broke up with me... Then contacted me... (Drama)

• Don't chase him baby girl.. It's tempting I know. You're seeking closure and that's why you can't let go. once you find someone else your attention will be on them.. Go and LIVE like really LIVE go do something crazy like sky dive to get your frustrations out, you will drive yourself insane watching his posts etc. When you have the courage delete him off social media. And you will.. Even if it's not right now. I also recommend reading "why men love bitches" by sherry Argov.. It will make u chuckle.. U won't even want him after u read it. Good luck x

• Hmm. Ignore his posts. Be strong.
    Try as much as possible to look happy when he's around.. Not too much tho. Let him think you're not affected by all this. Be confident and post more things.. esp photos of you having fun doing activities on fb.