Guys, Is being innocent unattractive?

I'm one of the few in my friend group that hasn't done anything with a boy. I'm 17 (almost 18) I've had guys interested, but they're never a good match. Usually they back off because I'm super dedicated to my sport. Anyways, with the 1 boyfriend I've had, we lasted for 3 months and didn't even kiss. We held hands and cuddled but nothing past that. My friends say guys won't be into someone as inexperienced and innocent as me when I get to college next year... I'm a little concerned that college guys won't like me because of that.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think so but some might be. I don't think its actually that they don't find innocence unattractive so much as that's, to them, a big responsibility. Basicly if she is innocent then what ever goes wrong is on them, that is if she leaves the relationship with baggage then its because of them and them alone and for some I think that can be intimidating because guys really don't want to be the one to for lack of a better term "break" a girl. Does that make sense? However I think a lot of guys will like a girl who is innocent especially if they themselves are looking for a serious relationship. So all in all I would say don't worry about it as its all dependent on what they are looking for and if your looking for something serious then I think those guys who are too will actually view it as a good thing.

What Guys Said 21

• "My friends say guys won't be into someone as inexperienced and innocent as me when I get to college next year... " Bullshit! You think college students like me prefer the slut type that slept with all of their high school class? Don't let them fool you. Innocence is really sweet and attractive. And if you're innocent and sporty, it becomes like "wow". I really like that. And I also like a proud, self assured lady too. "I'm a little concerned that college guys won't like me because of that. " They'll like you FOR that. Haha. Doesn't mean they have much good to offer tho, so Watch out. You don't want to be yet another victim of empty, horny males. Trust a male to know what he's talkin' about.

I'm done with jerks that just want to get between my legs and then call me a prejudice bitch bc I'm not into that haha so I hopefully will be fine in college! I'm really glad that my innocence isn't considered unattractive. I didn't really think it was an unattractive quality tbh

• Absolutely not.
    But perhaps I like more innocent girls because I've never had a girlfriend, never had sex, never kissed, etc.

• Being innocent isn't an issue. You've said you dated for 3 months and guys back off because you're super into your spot. I don't care if a girl is 'innocent', if she's not flirting at all, not wanting to cuddle or progress at all, thats when it would be a bit of a turnoff.

Cuddling is my favorite thing to do haha and I'm kind of a flirt by nature. I just want to wait till marriage for sex and I don't want to waste my first kiss on a jerk. Most guys around me just don't want an athletic girl. They said its unattractive

Hey ask him why he didn't kiss me. He'd had a girlfriend before 😂😂 I was knew the whole thing. Glad I didn't kiss him though since he cheated on me and that's why we broke up.

Dodged a bullet there I guess.

• What? For most guys, innocence is one of the greatest attractions a girl can have.

That's kind of what I thought too! I don't know I plan on staying a virgin till marriage and that's most definitely unattractive to guys

and those guys are doing you a favor!

media driven guys get married. thinking men don't.

as far as "unattractive" ... not really-you is all that matters to a real guy, you'll only miss out on the fakes-so it's a plus.

• Being naive can get a little annoying. The real issue is if you go for a kiss or something and she pulls away, and the fact that you are so dedicated to your sport that people feel neglected and leave.

I'm not really naive. Im a little shy so initiating a kiss wouod take some time. But if I liked him, I wouldn't pull away. It's more the athletic thing the guys around me don't like. I bend my schedule all the time for friends and when I was with my ex I ditched a couple practices for him

• It's not a problem when you're 17 or 18. I also doubt it's something you'll tell a guy you just met...

• Do whatever you feel right is
    So that you won't regret
    It's nothing big
    No need to change
    Plus innocent girls are very naughty according to my personal experience
    Just be awesome 😂

• Girls will hate you for it, but most guys find it very attractive.

• No it's attractive for me, all the girls I've dated so far were not experienced and my first sexual experience was with my ex several months ago.

• Don't listen to your friends there are guy's out there who appreciate that just like there are girls who appreciate a guy being a virgin.

• Being innocent isn't a bad thing. Granted, not everyone is perfect either.

• Awe no its cute.

• It depends how you mean unattractive, generally though I think no.

• I find innocent girl adorable AF 😍

• I like the idea of an innocent girl because that shows me she is not a slut

• to me it is

i find whats normal and trending promiscous and foolish

• Lol when your young an naive, 😏

• God yes.

• They won't like you because you make your sport your number one thing in your life. We want to be that thing, not your sport

I mean, when I was still dating my ex, he was kind of my #1. I would completely change my workout schedule so we could spend time together

• I'm sure that won't be a problem , you'll plenty that will like that

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more