Would you date someone with OCD?

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
i have a mild form of OCD. I'm just really afraid of contamination and germs. My apartment is spotless clean I spend hours cleaning, washing my hands and I even take sanitization products in my hand bag. I hate using public toilets. I'm wary of shaking hands with people. When I absolutely have to, I use a hand sanitizer immediately after but people think I'm rude however I'm just paranoid about germs.

Most Helpful Guy

• My house is always clean.
    I don't use public toilets as well.
    I walk away if someone sneezes without covering their mouth
    II absolutely hate this guy :
    https://youtu.be/7yzBvHe4j9U

Omg that's absolutely fucking gross. It will take a while to get over that

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, I'm so OCD with myself that we both wouldn't know what to do with life together lol

What Guys Said 10

• It would depend on how server this little germaphobia thingy goes. The hand sanitizer is not good hun. It also kills good bacteria

• I was never diagnosed with it, but I do try to keep a clean space. I think it may have been caused by living in a messy house growing up. Eventually I just got tired of the crowded area and decided I did not like living that way. I keep my car cleaned out, my bedroom organized, anything that is mine really because it is just so much more satisfying not having to kick stuff out of the way

• As long as they can put up with me lack of ocd I would be fine 😅

I think an ocd partner would help me out with my organizational skills

• sure i have ocd. I've learned to deal with it. its called booze.

• on one hand they would clean my apartment really good. but other than that it would get annoying

• I guess depends what kind it was and how severe.

• how do you handle sexual interaction, petting, etc?

• It'd only be a problem for me if say she'd never let me hold hands with her or cuddle😟

• no, never. mental illness doesn't exist,.

• just learn to do the cleaning out of public view. As it can be also seen as though you haven't gotten over the old girl and guy germs thing from like elementary school.

What Girls Said 7

• It will be harder to date you since you have a thing that you value so much that most of your decisions go through this one value and no other. Not to say you do not have other values; I am just saying you have one value that so outweighs every other value that is the only value that matters. This will be hard for your partner to relate to, let alone understand. It just is not how it works for most of us.

It is possible but it will be difficult for you and your partner, I expect. It is doable; it is just more difficult.

Good luck to ya'.

• I am a Neat freak, @macix670, and have been Known in my own Life... To be somewhat Compulsive and Drive people Crazy.
    However, I am not as bad as I used to be, and Having to be with Someone who is "Overkill," might Get to me.
    I do believe though if Someone accepts another Unconditionally, things can be Worked out with Some Sort of... Compromise, if all possible.
    Good luck. xx

• I have OCD too but not as severe as you. I do sanitize my hands after shaking hands with people though... I just wait till they don't notice me doing it LOL

• In the same way with the stomac flu. I don't touch people at all unless it's my daughter or my boyfriend. It's not a big deal at least you're clean.

• I have OCD mildy and I dont think it would be a problem as long as you aren't grosses out by sex

• Yes I have severe ocd.

• I'm like you, was worse before. Never had a problem with guys, none had an issue with it at all.