Is it weird that I'm totally unattracted to my own race?

I'm Asian but I have no interest in Asian guys whatsoever. It's not like I hate them I just am not attracted to them. Even though I'm 100% Asian (as far as I know I don't know my complete DNA) everyone tells me they thought I was half white because apparently I don't look very Asian, maybe that has something to do with it?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are many like that actually. Nothing wrong with it

Most Helpful Girl

• I was pretty much the same, but not all Asians are the same.

I thought I could never date an Asian guy because of the way their mind works and logically speaking, they are more emotional than any men I have dated. But this one Filipino Chinese guy changed my mind. It honestly really depends and they are quite diverse.

Most of the Asian guys at my school are so socially awkward it's weird. It's like Asian girls can be popular at my school but it doesn't work for Asian guys lmfao

That's actually a good point. A lot of Asians get into high paying jobs like surgeons, etc. (not that I'm a gold digger because I'm totally not like that)

Neither am I, but I am just saying, they may be awkward now but once years go by and they grow up- they eventually work on their self confidence etc. In fact, I have many Asian guy friends dating white accomplished women. So really, its just a matter of how well you click with an individual

What Guys Said 4

• Could very well be around half white. Lots of people are wrong about their bloodlines. Maybe you're 50.1% white so you sway towards white more? Haha

Possibly. Everyone always acts surprised when I say I'm fully Asian lol

Haha, apparently 'halfbreeds' are generally really attractive, so thats a plus!

• Yeah Maybe because you don't look complete Asian
    You may like a complete Asian guy but a guy with Asian touch

• Maybe you are mixed, anyways date who you want and don't worry about it too much

• A little bit, yes. But if that's your preference, then so be it. Same goes for people in other ethnicitys.

What Girls Said 3

• No it's called internalized racism.

• I'm Chinese and Hawaiian and I'm not attracted to either race lmfao. You're going to like what you like it doesn't have to be the race tha you are.

• Not even godfrey gao? Or the guy from walking dead?