Do you have a problem with scarring?

Would you date someone who had self-inflicted scars? If you found out that your S.O. cut himself/herself, would you stay with him/her? Would you still like/love someone if they had scars from cutting himself/herself even if they were old? What if they were recent?

Most Helpful Girl

• i would definitely not be phased by old scars. and I would hope that most people would accept that. I think the thing on your S.O. mind would be that they don't want you to continue doing it, especially being with them they would want to help you and might end up feeling bad about themselves if you continued. its tricky but you have to be honest once you trust them and I think that if someone can't accept your past then too bad for them.

What Girls Said 1

• I would be a little nervous knowing that their state of mind might not be exactly great especially if the scares were recent that might scare me a little. But if the scares were from a long time ago that wouldn't bother me as much, but I'd think I'd want to know why he did it and if he was over that phase in his life. I think if I really felt strongly about that person I'd want to help and wouldn't make him feel guilty or ashamed of his past. But I would want some honesty in return.

What Guys Said 1

• It really depends, a lot of people I have met have gone through similar things and you wouldve never suspected it. I don't think its something you should constantly wear on your sleeve but don't be ashamed by it, no ones perfect and most people will understand you.