Does this count as cheating?

My "boyfriend" and I are on and off a bit. We've tried just dating, and we have also tried being exclusive. We recently got back together about 2 weeks ago but never clarified what we were. Every time I ask, he gets annoyed and frustrated so I try not to. I invited a guy over on Saturday, we ended up kissing, then it occurred to me that I didn't know if I was in a relationship or not. My "boyfriend" came over after the guy left, and ended up staying the night. I feel so guilty, I only did it because my "boyfriend" is so emotionally detached and only wants sex. I don't know if I cheated or not, but it feels like I did and I don't want to be that kind of person but I don't even know if I did cheat.

Most Helpful Guy

• A hard question, but if you don't even know if you're in a relationship or not, I have to say you didn't cheat

Most Helpful Girl

• It's still cheating as your still calling him 'boyfriend' and pretty much dating

What Guys Said 2

• You should just sort that stuff out with your boyfriend. Forget about it. It was just a kiss. If there was more, id say you cheated.

• If you don't know, then how do you expect us to know? I don't think you or boyfriend have the maturity level required to be in a relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• If you feel guilty about it and you kissed this other guy then i guess it counts as cheating