Sleeping with a guy that is just three months seperated from a 12 year marriage, he has become very dependent on me, want out?

I met him two months ago in a bar, took him home expecting it to be a one night stand but he has stayed in touch ever since. He calls me at least 4 times a day, and I see him at least every 2nd day if not more. We both agreed there would be no commitment as he is not over his wife and the last thing I am ready to do at this point in my life is commit to anything. But I find him now getting increasingly jealous when I mention any other guys.

His wife cheated on him and he is still very much in love with her still which of course I understand. He is also suffering from PTSD which he was getting treated but I think since the split with his wife has now been put on the back burner. He is a really lovely guy, he takes me out, he says sweet things, he advises me when I need it but I feel like all the negativity is weighing me down. I am giving the same advice over and over about his wife but he doesn't listen. Yesterday he cried in my kitchen because he felt so down. He says, "this is clearly more that just fwbs" but I don't want it to be anymore than that and I feel by allowing myself to be his emotional crutch it is feeding that idea.

I like him very much, and feel very sorry that he is going through this but I need to back off. The thing is how do I do that without hurting his feelings? I'm scared it tips him over the edge.

What Guys Said 1

• this is why i think its good men keep women a bit challenged and insecure by having other women around

women always get turned off when she's the only one so you seem more needy and optionless and everything is about attraction.

What Girls Said 2

• Hun you need to be cruel to be kind. He needs you to tell him you need space so he has time to stand on his own two feet as he hasn't for 12 years. He's a grown man.

• the key to not get into these situations is to not sleep with a married man. there's multiple ways to look and see if he's married, one way is to look at his wedding finger for any signs of there once being a ring there, look for tan lines and such. but if he's becoming jealous of other men when he's married is signs of craziness. be extremely careful with him, he may become possessive of you even if you aren't together.