Whats it like to date a feminist?

Are they difficult people? Do they listen to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• A nightmare I would imagine.

Why do you think that?

Well the whole thing of them fighting for equal rights, when it's 2016 and we are equal allows me so see that they are actually seeking superior rights under the false name of equal. Many of them, not all, are argumentative, selfish, and so on. They are just not usually people that I click with because I try to remain pretty level and balanced while they usually seem to tip the scale to a rather extreme side.

Yeah i agree. Thats what concerns me about them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Bottom line: if she's an 'equality for all' feminist, then great! I'll happily be a part of that. But if she's a 'men vs. women, gotta advance the rights of women as far as we can -- even if it infringes on others' rights' type, then I'm outta there.

What Girls Said 7

• If they're the type to get easily offended and see sexism in everything I guess it can be annoying.

• Really depends on what kind of feminist we're talking about. If they're extreme and misandrist about it then I don't think anyone wants to be with someone like that. But I don't think there is anything wrong with women who believe in the textbook definition of feminism, I actually concur. As long as they are moderate and reasonable about it, and don't try to push their beliefs on you.

fem·i·nism
    noun
    the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

That definition implies that men havecmore rights in all aspects of life but thats not true.

• I am a feminist and I think people get it wrong, or some women do it wrong, I don't know. I have lived in countries such as Bulgaria and Romania where women get catcalled all the time, they are expected to be housewives and such and I don't agree with that at all, so that's what gets to me. I just believe in equality and unlike another girl said here, we do have a lot of freedom nowadays in most countries, but not everywhere and it's not in every aspect. I think some men still see women as the one who should clean, cook, take care of the babies and such. Not to mention the ones that see us as objects or think if we are raped we were asking for it cause our clothes were too short. There's still a long way to go until we are equal to men. That being said, I don't like women who go on protests showing their boobs or think menstruation is a beautiful thing, for example, haha.

Id suppose thats ok but if she is going to verbally attack me because most corporate leaders of multinationals happen to be white and straight then im leaving her.

• Well date me and you'll find out ;)

• Depends on how crazy they are if at all

• She always cumming and never you. no bjs for you oh and forget her trying to look cute for you. Jk or am I?

What Guys Said 11

• It's the source of most of our fights, haha. I'm not anti-women by any stretch of the imagination, don't get it twisted. I firmly believe that women are fully capable of doing most jobs men can do (save for extreme physical labor, and even then, there's SOME woman out there who could pull it off), I think everyone should be paid equally and fairly, I think there needs to be a strong movement to stop violence/sexual assault against women, all that. Believe me, ladies, I'm in your corner.

BUT, some "feminists" have the game fucked up. This is supposed to be about equality. I am not your enemy. Some guys are, but I'm not, and I resent nothing more than the assumption that I'm automatically part of the problem. If we make it "men vs women", we'll never get anywhere.

My biggest problem is when she makes idiotic statements like "women can't be sexist, only men can be", and "minorities can't be racist, only white people can be." (She's Puerto Rican, btw) That's literally the dumbest shit I've ever heard, and I hate to say that about the love of my life, but I have to be honest. Basically, she believes only the gender/race with the power is guilty of that. "Ok, fine...", I tell her, "... then I don't have as much of a problem specifically with racism/sexism --by YOUR definition-- , this is just an issue of semantics. I'm worried about general "PREJUDICE." Institutionally, I get it. Changes need to be made so everyone gets a fair shake. Good, great, wonderful. But I can't lie that it really bothers me as a straight white guy that I'm automatically "the problem", and if *I* have some commentary, it's dismissed with an eye roll, as if it's audacious of me to have any opinion other than "fuck straight white guys." The obvious response from some would be "SEE? That's what WE (women/minorities/LGBTQ) have dealt with forever! How do YOU like not being taken seriously?" And I get the root of where that comes from, but you just can't say that and be expected to be taken seriously. All has to be fair across the board, even us evil hetero white men... REGARDLESS of what has happened in the past. Deal exclusively with the present.

Do straight white men need to adjust their line of thinking? Maybe some do. But if you painted any other group with one brush, there would be outrage. And it outrages me that I'm painted with the same brush as some confederate flag waving hillbilly. I'm pro-everything when it comes to race, sex, sexuality, whatever.

I guess the best...

... way to put it is this: I know straight white men have been on top for a long time in Western society, often won through disgusting means and behavior. I don't endorse any of that, and I certainly don't accept any responsibility for it either. Wasn't me. Its high time that we are all seen as equals. BUT equal to me, as a hetero white man, is "hey, everybody come up here and stand with us, we'll move over and make room", NOT everyone else knocking us down lower and then standing on our chests triumphantly, which is what it feels like sometimes.

Just recognize that all of us aren't like that, I'd even say MOST of us aren't like that, so drop the vengeance and anger, and let's all work this out civilly, together👍

I would never date a person like thatm

Haha, well, it seems worse when I detail it, it only comes up once in a blue moon really. Definitely couldn't handle it all the time though. It's whatever, I know how to deal with it at this point👍

• I wouldn't know. I'd never date a femininst.

• My wife isn't difficult. Everything is up for discussion. We sometimes have longish discussions. No problem.

• I'd imagine it would destroy any shread of your masculinity and turn you into a frail little whipped bitch. Most feminists are lesbians anyway so you might never have to.

• I dont think I coukd date a chick that hates me 😂

• I would imagine it depends on what kind they are, and how serious they take certain ideas. Believing in anything is not the problem. The problem is becoming aggressive in the face of opposition or being unwilling to hear another's point of view.

Yeah. If they are not interested in communicating properly then i dont want to date them.

Yeah but feminists and craziness can sometimes overlap.

Key is sometimes. If they're nice people and don't feel the need to ram their ideas down your throat they might be extremely fun. Just depends on whether or not you get the extremist feminist.

• I don't know. I mean, why would I date a woman who hates me? 😂

exactly, you know that feminists want to castrate men? If you get in the bed with them you'll wake up one day blood all over the sheets and your balls are gone. They like doing that kind of stuff

😂😂

• i dont even want to imagine that, im sure it will be a nightmare

• only if you keep the housework rate at at least 51:49 in their favour

• I'll be honest: it's not my first choice. I've dated a fair few and I've dated girls who aren't (and even better are apolitical) and I have to say, all else equal the second of these is WAY better. I've found the feminist/political angle for girls to be at BEST neutral and often negative. But it never really adds anything positive if I'm honest. I realize that it's SOOOO much nicer to date a flexible giver, and I have to say the girls I've dated who weren't feminists did much better in the flexible giver category.

• Imagine a guy with a prickly personality who reinterprets everything you say into something that relates to his issue. Now imagine he has a vagina...