Why do people always ask me why I'm (still) single?

I haven't had a boyfriend for a very long time. It's just that I'm picky and have a certain type when it comes to dating. A couple of days ago, a girl came up to me at a party and asked me about my love life, whether there was somebody I was in love with or dating someone, when I said 'no' to most of her questions, she looked at me with surprise and asked me why I was still single. Why I'm still single? What the hell, I don't know. Then she goes on and on saying that I'm beautiful and that she'd think I would be dating someone if she hadn't known me. I mean, I thanked her but I still wasn't sure how to reply to her question. Guys I've seen in the past have asked me this question as well, but I'm guessing it was a compliment, but when girls ask me this, it just reminds me that I'm still single and haven't found a guy I genuinely like yet. How do you respond to this question?

What Guys Said 2

• You're always going to get asked this when you're single because a lot of people just can't understand how you can be happy single (because they can't be). I always just say I haven't found the right person. They don't usually ask anything more. When someone asks about your love life, in a polite way you could also just say it's none of your business... like, I don't talk about my personal life or something like that? My personal life is private. Some nosy people are going to take offense though probably but you can't let it bother you.

• You respond to it just as you have been doing. There's no urgency to find a boyfriend and you have more important stuff to be focusing on. You just gotta brush it off

What Girls Said 1

• I haven't been In a relationship either and I get the same questions as you. Usually since I'm 17 , I tell them that I'm more focused on my studies than having a relationship at the time. That the time will come when I meet the right guy... I mean why rush things? That'll only make things worse... I don't see the point in dating different men after each breakup.. I think it'll be a waste of time... I would like to settle for only one guy that has a good heart, studious, adventurous, and someone that will be there for me for the rest of my life ! :) there is nothing wrong with being single, but it does get annoying when people ask why you haven't been in a relationship.. It's not their business. Don't settle for less that's all I'm telling you. A guy that's a keeper is one that treats you right. There's no time for jerks or players. It doesn't matter if they are attractive or not , just knowing they have good morals will be very good. Next time someone asks you that question , just tell them "because I want to" . Don't give them that much explanation because they are quick to judge sometimes... I hope this helped , I hope you find the guy of your dreams one day !