What are you meant to write into you tinder profile?

I tried googling it, but most suggestions for girls are downright profane, describing what kind of sexual acts they would do. Is that really what people do?
I mean everyone I know is on tinder and no one I know has had a hook up through it. Most people are looking to date or for a relationship. So are you still meant to write something sexual?

And if not, what else do you write? Like do you write about your life goals, your hobbies, your pets and stuff like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like most guys on Tinder just want to hookup and won't really care too much about what is in your profile.

Assuming I was on tinder looking for a relationship, I guess I would want to see basic personality traits, interests/hobbies, and what type of relationship you're looking for. Although a lot of guys are skeptical of the girls who say "I dont to hookups". Its really cliche and realisticaly a good portion of them are full of shit.

Maybe include what type qualities you are looking for in guy you are looking for too. But keep it all brief, I don't think anyone on Tinder wants to read a novel. They just want to look at the profile for a few seconds, make a decision and then swipe accordingly.

Literrally everyone I know is on it and not everyone is looking for a hook up so i do think a good few people are looking for relationships

.. Ok

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh god I was just in the same boat with you. The stupid suggestions I found online for girls are ridiculous. Most men in my area are trying to hook up but I know lots friends and friends of friends that got b/fs so I'm trying not to get turned off to it too quickly. Even the guys who "claim" they are looking for something "real" or an LTR just want to get down fast. I did find a few gems here and there I could get into but ghosting is apparently a thing now.

Anyway I just decided to keep my bio real. I talked about my interests and hinted at what I do for a living. Then I said enough to show that I have my shit together without using those exact words. Then implied I was okay with pre-existing offspring. I also clearly stated I was looking for a "real relationship" gave my height then I let the photos say the rest.

Tinder is frustrating as fuck when you're not looking for quick dick. With each "gem" I find I get closer to an actual meet up so keeping my fingers crossed. I'm tempted to pay for a month and get matches from people I've actually swiped on and not those spam swipers. I'm learning the hard way that the male population just swipes right on every girl and selects from the girls that pick them. Can you say #counterproductive? Expect to have to make the first move on the matches you're really interested in. Good luck!

What Guys Said 9

• Haha thats right Tinder did NOT start as a one night stand app. It's definitely NOT primarily used to just fuck around. People do NOT ignore whatever a girl puts in her profile anyway. 99% of people (at least guys apparently are terrible for it) don't really read anything. It's a hot or not swipe when you're bored. Even less hookup styled sites/apps, girls bitch about no one ever reading their profile haha.

• Please don't write anything sexual lol... it will make you look really trashy.

Write something funny or corny, or just quite literally talk about yourself. It makes you look more genuine.

I would rather hook up with or date a girl that talks about herself than a girl that talks about what sex positions she prefers.

Source: Serial Tinder user, 50+ dates of off Tinder

• 0|0
  • You uninstall it and go find a REAL man, lol.

No actually just write whatever you would like to chat with someone about. Movies, makeup, fashion, celebs, music. The goal is to write your interests so others can see them and heart you based on similar interests.

• Tinder is for hookups. Why is it so hard for women to go to another dating site instead of Tinder if they don't want hookups?

Not necessarily. A few of my friends met their long-term boyfriends from Tinder

I'm using other dating sites as well and writing something for them was much easier. Guys use it for relationships too

@JellyBean333 that's not the point. The site is well known for being a hookup site and people should respect that by going to another site.

• Something funny that will make a guy want to message you. Doesn't need to be sexual

• Something funny, quirky, cute, just something to get our attention. If it's smart, I'd swipe for you :P

• Make sure you put "no hook ups" that way we know your a girl.

• your height and your fav position

What Girls Said 9

• I don't have any experience with Tinder, but from what I understand, this is your chance to 'sell' yourself to any potential dates... similar to a job interview.
    You want to be honest about who you are and what you're hoping to get out of the site... I'd think along the lines of maybe some hobbies, favorite TV shows/movies, types of music, etc.
    The rest will follow once you begin chatting directly with someone. Hope this is helpful!

• Its a hook up site... go on something you need to pay for if you are looking for a proper relationship

• You don't need to write anything in my opinion. If you do, keep it sort and sweet. Likeee where you're from, if you're at uni etc etc etc. It could even be just a line saying what your favourite food is.

I don't know I've heard from a couple of guys that they hate it when girls write nothing. They'd like to know something about the person and also something to start a conversation with

So did you go on any proper dates or just hook ups like John_Doesnt suggested? It's reputation is kinda what kept me away from it so far

Yeah I went on a few! And the boys I met were nice, friendly and weren't looking for just sex. Although it's seen that it's primary use is for hookups, people don't use it for that sole purpose. Probably less than what people think. Mainly it's just to kill boredom I reckon.
      There will be a lot of boys probably saying inappropriate things to you and really crap (but hilarious) chat-up lines - but you just got to take it on the chin and laugh. You'll find the decent ones eventually :)

• Mine is just 'A girl has no name'

• Mine just has my kik username and "Pokemon GO and chill?"

• I just recently deleted mine or else I would have just posted a pic of mine

I had written what I majored in, what school I was goig to next year, what I like to do for fun and I said I wasn't looking to hook up

Do you think it's necessary to write no hook ups?
      Did you get any good dates or were most guys look for hook ups only like some people said

Yeah I do think it's necessary.

I did get some good dates from tinder. I actually met my ex off of it.

• Sex is not the only business in life. One should involve in other subjects too, like comments on books, general situations, hobbies and interests etc.

• I would write a short description about who I am. Hobbies and such.

• Something witty and cool about yourself. dont over think it