What should I do about my boyfriend liking other women's pics on social media?

I notice a few attractive women my boyfriend follows on IG. These are women he knows (local). Any pic they post of their face, he likes it. If it's some random pic, he doesn't. Go figure. I wouldn't have an issue if these were some unattainable people like models or something. But I feel like he's trying to get their attention. We have only been dating for 4 months so I don't want to ruin the relationship by bringing it up but it bothers me. :( is this somewhat normal for guys to do? Does it not necessarily mean anything?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know guys like that, and they tell you that you are the only one, and yet he likes others, and plays around. . . Maybe?
    I would SERIOUSLY consider if you want to stay with him!! If he is looking at others, then you aren't his "One and Only' and I don't think you want to just be some 'second choice'!
    If I am with someone I honestly care about, and really like, I don't follow others, unless they are REAL 'friends', and I usually introduce her to them, so she knows we are JUST FRIENDS, so she feels OK with me liking them, and chatting with them, KNOWING that there is NOTHING between my 'friends' and Me!
    Do you TRUST him? Is the question you need to ask yourself!

I completely like and agree with this answer.
      And if I'd appreciate you doing everything you could to show me respect if we were dating.

@RemonsterMan And there isn't only one right answer here!

Bye bye.

@RemonsterMan So sorry to hear that you had some bad experiences, and chose to look at the whole gender in a negative way.
      I CHOOSE to see the 'GOOD' in everyone, until they prove me wrong. And even then, I give them another chance!! People make mistakes!
      Yeah, I have been burned, and hurt, but it doesn't make me dislike women, and be bitter to all of them!
      It bothers me that you are so cynical, sounding so angry, at such a young age!!
      Gods, man, see a therapist, and get help!! PLEASE!! You sound like you are living in constant anger, and disgust of so many.
      Stop displacing your issues on guys like me, and seeing us as the 'problem' when you are the one that has a really disrupted, confused perspective.
      You have your 'points' from your perspective, and you have every right to believe that, and those ideas. We are in dispute, as I have a valid opinion, and I CHOOSE to love, be romantic, and adore women!! Even if a few hurt me, there are always others that won't!

Most Helpful Girl

• You're 41 years old.
    I am guessing he's around your age or even older.
    You both are grown adults and know what you want out of life... this IG crap is petty.
    You know he cares for you... he's with YOU and not them.
    A picture like is just a like.
    I wish couples would stop paying so much attention to social media.. it really breaks up more relationships than it should.

What Guys Said 37

• Tell him you don't like it and how it makes you feel. If he won't stop then it means he doesn't respect your feelings

• there's another young girl on here with the same issue. I think social media has created some new issues...

he needs to make the switcharoo that he's dating you and can't go dwelling on other women. Or he needs to move on. He's kinda keeping his options open possibly. What he should do is get off FB and interacting with them and massage your shoulders. geez...

• I will like pictures of female friends on Facebook, yes. Some of them are attractive. All of them I was friends with before I got together with my girlfriend.

A girlfriend of four months cannot start laying down the law.

• Does this really need to be an issue? Especially at your age -- it feels like you should be past this kind of stuff.

If it really upsets you, then I guess you can tell him and see if he'll stop it. But again, it's just likes that are getting under your skin like this? He's not even commenting? lol

Precisely what I thought.

I'm waiting for the day I see the question " my boyfriend /girlfriend keeps up voting some guy/girls comments on gag. Do I need to be concerned about this?"

@Blueeyes81 It's your lucky day! girlsaskguys. com/dating/q2085629-my-boyfriend-girlfriend-keeps-up-voting-some-guy-girls-comments-on

• i feel like it's more common behavior in our social media world

i think you should bring it up. not in a conflict argumentative way but simply to find out why he specifically seems to like pictures of these girls...

does he like pictures of male friends he knows or women who aren't (in your eyes) attractive?

• The only real thought in my head is that these are some close friends of his. If that is the case that is the only way I see this being acceptable. And just barely acceptable at that.

If it's not, then maybe he isn't as serious about this relationship as you are.

Do you know if he knows these ladies for a while?

• Learn to not be so insecure. Would you get annoyed if he smiled at someone in the street? He's just being friendly and liking a pic. So what?

• What to do about it? Get off of social media.

Boom. Nailed it.

Such an action is based on insecurity because of the fear of LOSS - it's almost as if you're blatantly LOOKING for a sign as not to trust your partner, or a sign that your partner may leave you.

You're wise not to have social media 😂, I can respect that, so well done, you're a couple of steps ahead. I just use Instagram, I barely use Facebook & Twitter though. Thanks for the wisdom once again. 👍 :]

@GoldenWing True. I mean I hardly use social media myself but for those that do, I think they need to stop kidding themselves that their SO won't interact with their friends of the other gender.

• What you should do is stop worrying about this stupid stuff, unless you just enjoy torturing guys until they get fed up and dump you. I have many women friends and I like their pictures all the time. Grown up people have friends of both sexes.

• No, that is not normal and it is disrespectful.

• Perhaps he likes the posts because he genuinely thinks that they are nice pictures.

• He's just trying to give them a little ego boost. That's why women post their pictures. I do the same thing, with zero ulterior motives. I don't think you should give it a second thought.

Thank you... that makes me feel better. He has a very good heart and is a nice, respectful guy. I have been cheated on and lied to in previous relationships so makes it hard to trust.

You're going to have to start trusting him, girl. I know you're scared, but a man cannot have a relationship with a woman that doesn't trust him. If you don't trust him, he will not trust you. X

• Mmm, you could have a serious problem if he doesn't like their "random" pics. Maybe confront him about it? I don't think he's gonna stop either unless the relationship gets better or stays alive longer.

• Lol I think your are overthiking here... Just because he knows them locally and likes their pics didn't mean he is fine cheat on you...

So your just have to trust him

• You should learn how not to be jealous.
    Because if you're too jealous, you will become nervous with the time,
    within that time he will start going out with other girls and
    finally leave you because of that.
    If you love or like a person you'll give him a freedom to do whatever he wants, except cheating.

• You should tell him when u ignore these stiff thinking u just met its not the right way because u will be upset in the inside and start to hold these stuff against him and he will start to think that he has no boundaries and diesnt need to respect ur realtioship and things would go south
    Believe me after years of failures i realized that nobody worth upsetting u and u firgive them u put an effort on him and u should get what u deserve

• Do you do the same?

• i wouldn't do it, it's disrespectful. Unless it was like a very close female friend and not a "look at me" picture. which is what I assume you mean by "non random pic"

• this is so damn annoying
    he liked her photo he didn't put his dick inside her pussy
    you like photos on ig too or do do u just sit there
    typical women bullshit

• Dont make a mountain out of a mole hill. You're upset that your new boyfriend finds other women attractive, how big of a problem is this really?

If your relationship is good just let it go, it is harmless.

• Us guys. If we see something interested. Or we like / know that person (not sexually)

We like their pictures. doesn't mean anything bad

• Not necessarily, no. He might just like pics randomly and you've noticed he's liked pics of faces. Just be happy he hasn't liked any instagram accounts with nude girls.

• For now focus on building a connection between you two. Lets worry about bigger things right

• He's probably just setting up some spares as insurance against being single fro long in case his current relationship with you goes south. Only prudent that one doesn't put all their eggs in 1 basket. I thought everyone did that.

• You get over it and realise it means nothing, it's just social media.

• How'd this boyfriend impress you in the first place?

• This is why I stopped messing with social media

My girlfriend started fretting about petty shit

• Get over it why don't you do the same thing look at a bunch of men if he does it you do it too.

• danger is always there

• doesn't mean anything you're over thinking it

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 28

• I wish I Could be some Comfort in Saying that as he just Looks and 'Likes' and Doesn't Touch, that That Might Make the Hurt go Away Today, @KIb74, but I am sure that isn't the Case with your New Hunny Bunny's Face.
    Your Relationship is just that of 'Dating for 4 months,' which is telling me here, dear, you Both are Not Official as of yet, nor in this Exclusive Real Relationship of Being two Birds of a Feather.
    Sit him down and Have an Honest John Talk with him about What's going on? Ask him if he might Want to Possibly Date others because where you are sitting, it is Most... Upsetting.
    Good luck and Keep an Eye on your End. xx

• It would be normal for guys to do this but I dont personally like this at all... My ex even after being with him for 2 fucking years his instagram would be filled with girls and not decent girls, i mean showing as much skin as they can girls and as it goes on once i saw his phone internet history and its all filled with 'white girl ass, boobs, vagina' it just made me go, maybe i shouldve stopped this at the start which i really should have.. because what ended up happening was I got cheated on and he denied it so I decided to say fuck you and left him and ended up finding out from more people that he had the audacity to bring another girl to his birthday party while he was still dating me and tell everyone that i didn't want to come to his birthday party when i wasn't even invited... (pissed chick right here)

Sounds like a lovely piece of work. You're for sure better off without that prick.

Yes I am

Holy crap... Came for the question, stayed for your comment. What a piece of work. You deserve to be a bit pissy!
      And I can't believe that birthday story. It's one thing to look at other girls, but he's horrible.

Glad you're out!

• I don't think you are being insecure. I've had an experience where the guy I was seeing was liking other girl's pics on Facebook. He would even leave comments like "So beautiful" "Such a beautiful young woman". Which seem like really respectful, nice comments to leave. But the whole time he was with me, he was cheating on me.

Now I'm not saying this guy is cheating. But honestly it does seem suspicious.

And even if there is nothing going on, I can totally see why you would be hurt.

I feel like you have a right to make it known it makes you feel uncomfortable. How would he feel if you had some super hot guys that you were following and knew and you were liking their pics?

I think he would be upset too. So I think it's only fair to talk to him about it. Try to bring it up in a way where you are not accusing him, but just letting him know that it kind of bugs you. Maybe he can quell your concerns, or maybe he will stop doing that.

• I agree with the people so far that have said it is normal and does not necessarily mean anything.

I can relate to the idea that you do not like that it is especially with women that he knows. I understand the "being OK with him finding a super model hot but not with knowing he finds my best friend hot" thing. lol! That is a little intimidating to me, I must admit. However, I think that he only does it with people he knows and not some random chicks on the internet is a good thing and not a bad thing.

I think with your past experience you will need to be extra wary of seeing red flags when there may not be any. It is always good to take a step back and re-evaluate before questioning someone. This site seems like a good place to do that.

Congrats on your new relationship. I hope it continues to grow and bring you joy. Nice meeting ya'. :)

Thank you. :). You're right in that I should not see a red flag in everything that seems off. I do know he broke up with his last girlfriend of two years because she constantly accused him of cheating. He said it became too stressful to handle. He has an executive level job and travels a ton so there has to be a level of trust there.

It's just so hard being in the dating world again after divorce!

Dating is hard. We may gain more baggage in life as we age but hopefully we gain more wisdom too. :)

Good luck to ya'. I wish you well. :)

• I can't believe all these guys are defending your boyfriend.

He doesn't have to like the pics. And he is not LIKING the pics to be "nice" or because he thinks it's a nice pic. That is such bullshit. You can look at someone's pic on social media and not press the like button. Personally, if i "LIKED" someone's pic, it's because I know that person. He's just trying to get their attention, trust me.
    I would seriously talk to him and tell him that you are uncomfortable by his behavior. If he won't stop then he is disrespectful and you should decide if you even want to stay with him.

I don't have social media so I don't know if my ex was doing that, but I would have for sure said something if I knew about it.

You can also look at someone's pic on social media and press the like button and still not cheat on your SO...

• It's normal for my guy and after a couple stupid arguments I've accepted that it's just a guy being a guy and liking hot girls. I don't think it means anything tho.

• I don't like men's pictures and he doesn't like women's pictures. Find boundaries you both can agree on.

• This used to really bother me also but what I realised is that he's with me for a reason not these girls. He just likes the photo, I know I have people who we like everything each other posts. I'd look for their interaction on Facebook more so. Instagram is more artistic whereas Facebook says a lot more about a person.

• As a girl with guy friends I tend to like their pics just to be nice or a good friend or show "love". Friendships love. I make a point to acknowledge my friends post vs random ones. It means nothing, just, heyyy you look great home!

• don't worry maybe he's friend with them or other? i see a lot of guys who are taken and like pictures of other girls on IG, as long as they're no nudes it's fine and if it really bothers you that much then bring it up in some funny way like ''oh someone liked a pic of another bitch again'' or something like that.

• Ya it's normal. Hate to break to you but you'll never be the only women your man knows. Try not to get so worried over little things and instead just focus on how you can make things better between you guys. Remember there's a reason he chose you in the first place and not them. :)
    Could you answer mine too please? :)

• Ask him about it. Are these girls friends of his? Ask him if there's a reason he only likes the pics of their face? I'm sure it means something. It may mean he finds them attractive & would like to date them. It could also mean they are friends of his & he's trying to be supportive. You have no way of knowing unless you ask.

• I'd be pissed honestly. He's in a way trying to keep his options oprn. 4 months is long enough for him to know if he likes you enough not to flirt online

• I don't think it's that big of a deal. As long as he doesn't start to message them or to write obvious comments on their pictures don't panic. Guys are visual, most of the time they don't even care.

• Mostly guys do it without being serious to have relations with such girls/women. I think it is normal and curiosity on part of guys.

• So? What's the problem? It's just a simple act of liking pictures. You have nothing to worry about talk to him about it.

• Turn off notifications for it or unfollow him

• Even if it doesn't mean anything I would hate for my boyfriend to do that. And he shouldn't be looking at other girls photos. He has a girlfriend and you should be the only girl's photo he likes!!

• He's just liking pictures... nothing to fret over!

• Ok it's just pics

• Leave him.

• I would just tell him, I'm sure he wouldn't like it if you liked a bunch of random guys pics

• Start liking hot guy's pics.

• If it was me personally-I'd see it as a red flag. He's not cheating on you or anything but it's making you feel insecure about it when he shouldn't be doing that. Its disrespectful because he's in a relationship now. I'm sure if you bring it up he'll think nothing of it so maybe just keep a real close eye on what he's doing on there

• Xtuchgc

• Kill him - I mean I'm just saying if my boyfriend did i would have threatened him with a knife

• If he is following and liking some famous model's bikini pic that's creepy if he likes the pic of someone he knows it's not

• Do the same with other men to see if he gets bothered by your action. if he does, then you know he's checking other girls out. If he doesn't, then he probably doesn't see nothing wrong with liking pictures from the opposite sex.