My boyfriend brings up our future a lot. Is it normal for a guy to talk about the future with a girl he knows he wants to marry?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year and its been amazing. We are the type of people who usually know what they want and I feel like my boyfriend has it in his mind that he's going to marry me. Why? Well because he has said on multiple occasions that he is in it for the long haul, or we will pass by a baby clothing store and he will say that we should start shopping for baby clothes and that our kids are going to be so cute. He will tell me that we are going to be the cutest old couple in the retirement home, he says he hopes im the last girl he dates. When I told him that being pregnant is painful and hard work he told me he will be there for me, and will support me all the way... I have met his whole family and they love me so no worries on that... I just dont know what to think. I feel like he is planning something for the near future.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea its normal. My friend (who is practically my older brother) went through this phase because I would be in the back seat of his car and he would talk about marriage and kids and all that but they both knew they weren't ready for marriage or kids emotionally and financially. He may be planning something for the future but the thing is if YOU don't see a future with him then make it clear. I don't think there could be much worse than thinking you are loved by someone and then finding out that you're not really loved as much as you thought

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's pretty normal, specially if he really really likes you that he can see this whole future with you. I know sometimes us girls feel like that can be considered as coming on too strong but hey those are the type of guys that will treat us right.

What Guys Said 4

• It's totally normal for people who want to be married to talk about the future. He wants to know that you want the same things he does. It sounds like he wants you to have his children pretty soon. What do you want? IF that's not what you want, you need to tell him now. You should have been talking about this nine months ago.

• Yes, that is definitely normal that means he is serious about you, which is a good sign.

• You need to explain to him you dont want kids now, and you dont know if you ever will.
    Yes it is normal to talk like that if you plan to marry.

• Is it normal for a guy to talk about the future with a girl he knows he wants to marry? Of course it is... I'm not sure what you are looking for here. You already knew that in your explanation.

What Girls Said 3

• Well it sounds to me like he's a nice guy, who wants something very genuine. Its totally normal to talk about your future with someone you have been with a while. When I date someone, I see a potential husband, I never waste my time. Even if you guys are not going to marry , its nice to imagine.

• i think it's a great sign, he's serious and committed to you.

• I think he is, it's a sign