Have you ever dated someone below your standards?

Have you ever been with someone who you thought was the kind of person you would never date? For example; I recently dated a guy who is 31 and still lives with his parents, smokes weed daily, and doesn't have any drive or motivation to change his lifestyle and become an adult. It ended because we obviously wanted different things in life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure. My most significant relationships of my life were with people I thought I would never date. I never date below my standards since I really only have one good standard, be a good guy, but I have definitely dated outside of what I thought made up those standards. I suggest everyone does that. That is how I really learned why I want something. That is much more valuable than knowing that you want something.

My boyfriend and I could not be more different than if we were night and day but it works. It works so well that I know he completely adores me and I just soak it up like a sponge and I can't explain how wonderful it makes me feel. Like a sense of completeness. But sometimes, I want to strangle him or walk away because he is not the type of guy I would have chosen. It drives me a little batty sometimes truth be told. lol!

What Guys Said 2

• Yess

• Most people have over-inflated opinions of themselves and therefore when they "date down" they aren't really dating down at all and they are on their level but through an air of self-entitlement they feel like they deserve more than they can give.

What Girls Said 5

• Oh hell no.

• Nope, never dated. And I would never date someone below my standards

• Nope.

• It doesn't work out !! I tried it and was unhappy

• You know honestly? Sometimes I feel like people should be blamed if they dated someone below their standards.

I get that you'd be fed-up or annoyed of him wanting different things and all.

But he's human too with feelings and emotions. He might've had a shitty childhood.

It's YOUR fault for dating a guy you didn't even really like, not his