Do you think its right for a 17 year old girl to date a 24 year old guy?

and that age is legal where I'm from. I want honest answers please. Do yall think the only issue would be the maturity level. What would people say like his friends or my friends.

0|0
5|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a lot of people are going to think bad things and maybe even say bad things, but if you both really like each other then I don't think it's a big deal. Just be prepared for the possibility that your friends and family (and his too) might give you a lot of grief over it. Just after I turned 18 I started dating this guy. I knew he was older because he was a grad student but I thought he was 23 or 24. We had been going out a little while when he asked me to come with him to the DMV so he could register his car. That's when I saw his license and found out that he was 29! It totally freaked me out at first but then I realized he was still the same guy that I started seeing and THOUGHT was younger. Nothing had REALLY changed. So we kept seeing each other. We only ever once had an issue after that. We had a little pregnancy scare and here I was 18 and thinking "OH HELL NO!" and he was like, "Well I'm almost 30, maybe it's about time I settled down. We could get married and I could get a job." I was NOWHERE near ready for that stuff and it totally freaked me out when he started talking like that. Luckily I wasn't pregnant and he laid off all the 'settle down' talk. That's the only other problem I see. The whole 'being in different places in your lives' thing. But the age difference is not quite as drastic so hopefully won't be as much of an issue.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• nothing,

i think is great to date someone older. but not too old

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I have a friend my age(17) who is dating a guy that's 23.

They've got this STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL RELATIONSHIP.He's just totally cool,not pressing her in anything,not bothering and making jealous scenes,he's treating her like a princess!

Of course it all depends on the character of the person.I don;t know your guy,but if you are sure that he;s worth it,then go for it.Sure--your friends won't be so comfortable about him,but if they truthfully ARE your friends,they'd give him a chance just because of the bare fact that he's your choice.

I hope it works out in the end . ( I'm telling this from my personal experience with my friend)

And just for the record my friend and her guy are dating for a year now,and it's still great :) They've been through so much,but didn't let anything get in the way.

So.hope I helped :))

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been in that kinda of situation but I think its ok I'm mean like my parents are 7 years apart it should be ok unless he's some serial killer or some people molester. ok?

0|0
    0|0
  • haha this is a very funny question.my 17 year old sister is dating a 25 year old guy. The first time I heard about this I thought PEDOPHILE! but I got to know him and he is a very sweet, nice guy. I think It's totally fine as long as you for sure know the guy won't hurt you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea. I really like this guy and my sister would more than likely react like you did with your sister. I'm so scared of what my family would think. but I truly like him. if it were you how would you tell your family?

• Yeah I think its okay I seen worse cases na I don't think maturity is an issue.Does it really matter what other people think? if you 2 like each other I mean does it really matter?at the end of the day its just you and him.

0|0
    0|0