Do you think its right for a 17 year old girl to date a 24 year old guy?

and that age is legal where I'm from. I want honest answers please. Do yall think the only issue would be the maturity level. What would people say like his friends or my friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a lot of people are going to think bad things and maybe even say bad things, but if you both really like each other then I don't think it's a big deal. Just be prepared for the possibility that your friends and family (and his too) might give you a lot of grief over it. Just after I turned 18 I started dating this guy. I knew he was older because he was a grad student but I thought he was 23 or 24. We had been going out a little while when he asked me to come with him to the DMV so he could register his car. That's when I saw his license and found out that he was 29! It totally freaked me out at first but then I realized he was still the same guy that I started seeing and THOUGHT was younger. Nothing had REALLY changed. So we kept seeing each other. We only ever once had an issue after that. We had a little pregnancy scare and here I was 18 and thinking "OH HELL NO!" and he was like, "Well I'm almost 30, maybe it's about time I settled down. We could get married and I could get a job." I was NOWHERE near ready for that stuff and it totally freaked me out when he started talking like that. Luckily I wasn't pregnant and he laid off all the 'settle down' talk. That's the only other problem I see. The whole 'being in different places in your lives' thing. But the age difference is not quite as drastic so hopefully won't be as much of an issue.

What Guys Said 1

• nothing,

i think is great to date someone older. but not too old

What Girls Said 4

• I have a friend my age(17) who is dating a guy that's 23.

They've got this STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL RELATIONSHIP.He's just totally cool,not pressing her in anything,not bothering and making jealous scenes,he's treating her like a princess!

Of course it all depends on the character of the person.I don;t know your guy,but if you are sure that he;s worth it,then go for it.Sure--your friends won't be so comfortable about him,but if they truthfully ARE your friends,they'd give him a chance just because of the bare fact that he's your choice.

I hope it works out in the end . ( I'm telling this from my personal experience with my friend)

And just for the record my friend and her guy are dating for a year now,and it's still great :) They've been through so much,but didn't let anything get in the way.

So.hope I helped :))

• I've never been in that kinda of situation but I think its ok I'm mean like my parents are 7 years apart it should be ok unless he's some serial killer or some people molester. ok?

• haha this is a very funny question.my 17 year old sister is dating a 25 year old guy. The first time I heard about this I thought PEDOPHILE! but I got to know him and he is a very sweet, nice guy. I think It's totally fine as long as you for sure know the guy won't hurt you.

• Yea. I really like this guy and my sister would more than likely react like you did with your sister. I'm so scared of what my family would think. but I truly like him. if it were you how would you tell your family?

• Yeah I think its okay I seen worse cases na I don't think maturity is an issue.Does it really matter what other people think? if you 2 like each other I mean does it really matter?at the end of the day its just you and him.