My boyfriend lied about deleting Tinder. What should I do?

I’ve been dating this guy for over six weeks. About two weeks ago, he said he’d deleted Tinder from his phone. I still have the app on mine, but I never use it due to me dating him and the constant glitching. Anyway, I went on the other day and I looked at my boyfriend’s profile and it said his location had changed. I went on the next day, and the location changed again. As far as I know, Tinder can only track your location if you’re logged IN to the app. If you delete it, you’re automatically logged out so it’s unable to track your location. I feel hurt by this but I haven’t the heart to say anything; he’s been going through a very tough time with work and family.

What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Question is, why did YOU go on there and why do YOU keep it on your phone? You are either doing what he does yourself or you have trust issues. Just because he logged in, it doesn't mean he is talking to anyone (like u rite?)

That aside if he is talking to other people, he is using them as an emotional crutch during his hard time, probably like he could be using you.

I downloaded Tinder just to see what was up and honestly, the attention is addictively flattering, easy to see how someone can get hooked on it.

Good question. The reason I have it is because me and my guy spoke on there, and I soon forgot about it. I went on it after a few weeks out of vague curiosity, not to speak to anyone, and went on our chat, then his profile where what I've explained caught my attention. Just seemed odd he would say he'd deleted it, when he hasn't. As for trust issues, I trust him completely but I don't appreciate dishonesty. If he asked me if I still had it on my phone, I'd say I did. How he deals with that is up to him; if he wanted me to delete it, I would.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do couples still have dating apps installed? Like you don't dare someone for the hell of it. Obviously you think your relationship is going to work. So there must be a reason why he's still logged in... and you're still on it too...

What Guys Said 5

• Lying so early during the dating phase, that too when it comes to matters like Tinder, is a definite red flag.

But did you to decide to date exclusively?

Yes, we don't plan on seeing other people. We're taking things slow. Things have been shaken up recently with his work/family situation, and I've stood by him.

I'm not trying to defend him here, but I would be amazed he had the time and money. We talk all the time, and he still lives at home with his dad who I've met loads of times.

Well... maybe not seeing other girls, but still sexting them, sending nudes or something. Tinder is DEFINITELY a sign that he is up to something, which he does not want you to know.

• Did you guys talk about exclusivity yet? Six weeks is really nothing to be honest.

There are many reasons this may have happened.

I don't know if I'd lie about deleting my Tinder but I certainly would not delete it six weeks into dating and the simple reason is it provides a safety net. Like most guys, I have been led on, rejected, dumped when I thought everything was going good... as such nowadays I don't dump all my eggs in one basket until after like 3-4 months of dating, which is why I wouldn't delete my Tinder.

Hope this helps!

That's solid advice and makes sense. I'm just baffled too why he'd say to me he'd deleted it when he clearly hasn't.

A lot of women perceive men who choose to stay emotionally safe by keeping "safety nets" as players. The reality is that a lot of us just don't want to be hurt much like women don't want to be hurt.

He is likely just trying to stay safe (especially if he had nasty break ups) while trying not to hurt your feelings.

Or he just forgot.

Yes, I agree. You've been really helpful!

• What possible reason would you have to go on Tinder if you're in a relationship yourself? This doesn't sound random. Do already have trust issues with him? I don't think you're giving us the whole story.

I mean... not sure why you haven't deleted your's Tinder either.

I've never declared to have deleted Tinder to him, so as far he knows, I still have it. Neither of us take the app seriously; we just got talking on it and it went from there. I never expected to click with someone as well as him. I sometimes open the app out of vague curiosity, but I never message anyone or swipe, which is the honest truth.

Well you obviously take it seriously enough to think he's hiding something. Look, in this particular situation i would make %100 percent sure their ins't some glitch. Maybe he just deleted the app form his screen and didn't completely delete his account. His profile will still show.
      It be a shame to ruin what you have with him because a dumb technical misunderstanding.

I know your profile still shows when you delete the app from your screen, but it doesn't update your location so he must still have it on his phone. I do trust him though, but it just strikes me as odd with him saying to me outright he's deleted Tinder when he clearly hasn't..

• Contact Hillary Clinton, she's good at deleting things.

I'd rather delete Trump.

Trump is misunderstood in many ways. He actually will help this country a lot.

• Follow me first I have a question for u

What Girls Said 3

• Why would your boyfriend be on tinder anyways? I'd say dump his ass sorry. But tinder is known for meeting new girls or guys...

• He's a red flag. He doesn't deserve you. You don't want to deal this shady guy.

• So whet if he lied just get over it 😑