If you hurt people and continually cheat on people will karma get you?

does karma get people who ruin other people's lives? Is there such a thing as karma?
Is the saying what goes around comes back around really true?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably not, but all these superstitious beliefs often revolve around a desire for justice when it's lacking in this life, in this world -- whether it's karma or punishment by eternal hell-fire. It might comfort people thinking about it.

People who believe in that kind of instant karma in the same lifetime usually only pay attention only to "hits" while ignoring all the "misses" where people get away scot-free, same kind of thing with those who pay attention to prayers being answered but ignore all the times they aren't. It's a fundamental part of human superstition to pay attention to incidents that align with their beliefs while ignoring those that don't.

Not instant karma but eventually everything that's been has to come to a head like a pimple being popped? My dad cheated on my mom with a whore type woman, left my mom and never spoke to us again, years later he caught the whore type in bed with another man, that surely has to be some sort of weird world payback, losing a loyal wife and his kids, isn't that reaping what you sow?

Perhaps so but probably for every story like that there are countless who didn't get caught red-handed. I had a stepfather when I was a boy who stole my mother's card and my most prized possession: a Mickey Mantle autographed rookie card worth thousands of dollars (I traded my way to possessing that card). No justice there as far as I know, he disappeared off the grid and my mother had to divorce him without his presence in court while the police continued to search for him and never found him. Again we're conditioned to pay attention to the hits when justice is served but forget all those misses.

Just as we're having this conversation a number of people will have died in the world, some suffering and maybe even some pleading for mercy, having done nothing wrong, only to be sadistically tortured and killed. Innocent children will starve to death while mothers weep over their dead body. Some of the kindest and most helpful people in their community will develop cancer. Life isn't very fair. It's easier to just kind of accept that to me and strive to make it better than to hope that karma will do the job.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes the guy who kept hurting and cheating on me got beat up, his stuff stolen and ended up in the hospital.

What Guys Said 8

• In all objective reality, no. Not necessarily. But usually it tends to just end up as an true thing about reality anyway. Safer to live life assuming that Karma does exist, even if you objectively know there's no such thing.

• Karma is just putting a supernatural spin on common sense.
    If you repeatedly do something wrong (ie cheat on someone) eventually someone's going to do something in return that either hurts you just as much or even more

• I would say usually that is true, ... and it's about to happen to Donald Trump.

• I'm not one who believes in karma, but if you choose to do so, remember that true karma is a part of reincarnation. What comes around goes around in your next life. Not this one.

• Yeah it will

• Eventually, yes.

• it doesn't exist.

• i don't believe in karma.

What Girls Said 2

• Nah I don't believe in that carp

• I think it's true to some extent, that's why I try to be a good person to everyone around me