Do you think it's okay to start seeing someone else while you have unfinished business with someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you want to use the new person to get over the old one? How would you feel if someone used you in that fashion?

That's not why. There is a guy who wants to see me and I thought I might give it a shot. But since I still like someone else and I'm sort of holding on to that I'm not sure.

That is true. I don't know how to say it to the new guy though.

I haven't even met him yet just you know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope.

I just went through this with my recent boyfriend. He wasn't over his ex (children's mother) and I'm completely devastated and heartbroken. I fell head over heels for him and have been hurting for 2 weeks over this loss. It took me over a decade to find someone like him. God only knows if I ever will again.

Please, for the sake of the other party, finish your business before pursuing anything.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 5

• If by unfinished business you mean "you're taking a break/separated but not officially broken up" then no, it's not. In fact, if you're still hung up on an ex in any respect, don't date.

I was seeing a guy but we argued and haven't talked since. I'm not done with him and I don't think he's done with me either. I really like him.. I can't stop thinking about him. It's unfinished business I have, we were not in a relationship though. I'm not sure what's going on with that but since we haven't talked.. I just don't know.. Now another guy wants to see me and I said yes. I feel like it may not be the smartest thing since I still like someone else very much.

But I don't know what to do about the unfinished business. Sit around and wait for things to hopefully solve? I have a really hard time with this.

Reach out then. There's no rule that says he has to come to you.

• No. Always tie up loose ends and never leave unfinished business before you move along to the next romantic experience. Otherwise, things are likely to get messy and you might even end up spoiling your new experience with someone else.

... but how do you tie up loose ends?

Well that depends on what exactly the unfinished business is?

• nope, I don't like that.
    Especially when the person decides to keep it secret.

• I think it is not okay.

• What's unfinished about the current situation? Aside from you being wishy washy about it. You are either with your current guy as bf/gf or you are not.
    Since you never were. Tell the current guy you have move on. Take care. Clean cut.
    Tell the new guy you were in a messy situation and need a week or month or whatever time you need to start a new relatinship.
    Stop creating drama.