Are most women gold diggers?

I say this not as an insult to women but being honest. I just wonder if the majority of women only care about if you make a certain amount of money for women to be interested in you. And that they don't care about how you look or who you are as a person.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think very very few women are gold digger really. As in marry someone purely for money, even if he is terrible, old and ugly. Even if they hate him, just for money. There are not really many women who would do that. Maybe 1 or 2 %

But for some reason some guys seem to think that if a woman cares about a man's income at all she's a gold digger. Which is bs. caring about someone's income, who you intend to build a life with is very reasonable. Money doesn't buy happiness, but you still eat and pay the rent and take care of your children. And most people want to be able to do that comfortably. Have a comfortable house, nice car and don't cut into your savings to pay for your kids field trip. so if you're asking what amount of women don't care about a man's income at all, the answer would also be very very few. Maybe 1 or 2%.

Most women fall in the middle. Your income matters. It just does, but it's not all that matters. Similarily I'm sure you would agree, a girls looks matter, but it's not all that matters

What you said is true. There are 2 types of WOMEN and nothing in between. The 1st one will help you grow, regardless of your status and unconditional love. The 2nd one only goes for SUCCESSFUL MEN and LEECHES on their success. Men are stupid enough to work SO FUCKING HARD FOR WHAT THEY ACHIEVED and waste it on a USELESS WOMEN. THE POWER OF PUSSY 101. lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think there are enough rich guys for most women to just all out go for them. I imagine most would like some financial security though I mean who doesn't.

What Girls Said 16

• I think some are gold-diggers, exploiting a man and staying around JUST because he is well-to-do. To be honest I know very little women who have such an experience even when they had a chance, so I´d say most of us aren´t GDs. Most of us would care about his personality, values, some about his looks, ambitions. And yes, most of us wouldn´t probably be with a couch-potato, too lazy to get an actual job and contribute to paying the household expense. I mean, ok, you go to work, make little money, we will figure it out somehow. Ok, you o to work, earn enough not to be in debt, perfect. I once dated a guy (I had no income as a student), he liked going places - nice and expensive restaurants, bowling, but wanted to go Dutch (which is fine with me, as long as I can afford it) But, "I have a surprise for you" and then asking you to pay for half of that is ridiculous. After some time I learned that he was a control-freak and wanted to control me, then I learned he made quite a lot (which explained a lot) and I dumped him.

Historically, this behaviour would make sense though. The marriages were often arranged (for status or money), women from upper and perhaps middle classes didn´t work, they had to rely on a dowry and their husbands. There were no benefits in the past, being poor as a woman meant three things - be a prostitute or starve or go to nunnery. In the past it was much more about survival than it is today

• Dude, most men are that way too. Like when someone comes into a large sum of money they say don't tell anyone because then everyone (men and women) will start coming to you to pay for shit for them. Shittiness knows no gender.

I've never once seen a man who goes into a relationship for money.

@Kacik I mean i dont believe you because in nearly all cases of this it's the women who is a gold digger.

@Jeeevan Maybe it´s because women are more ashamed that they were such fools to admit it out loud... so you asked the question, knowing that you wouldn´t believe even if I gave you a list.. With your life experience, at the age of - hmmm - 16? you probably know a tonn of relationships where you knew exactly how much they make and buy each other...

• I'll be honest with you, many women are. I wouldn't say "most" but enough are where it can be alarming. I'm not, in fact, i'm quite the opposite and very much against it and I'm not afraid to call women out on it.

That's why it's important to choose wisely who you want to be with, not just based on looks...

• A lot of women are sadly like this but personally I am not. I don't care how much money you make, if your a good guy, you treat me well and make me feel happy then the size of your wallet is irrelevant to me. You can have millions but if your an ass then that is the most unattractive thing in the world. I met my husband when he was unemployed and we moved in together with me paying all our bills and putting food on the table but I didn't mind at all because he was trying to find work and treat me like a princess. Shortly after he got a job and I couldn't find work for a very long time and it was his turn to provide for us, we have actually even become homeless too. We now both have jobs and work really hard, we have a roof over our heads and good on the table but we by no means have a lavish lifestyle. Give me my kind, loyal, good hearted husband anyday over anyone else regardless of how much money they have

• Nope, most women want to feel financially secure.

There is a huge difference between being a gold digger and not wanting to date a bum who can't take care of himself.

Modern men want a woman who earns a living wage too. I think it's unfair to label a woman a because she want a man who has his shit together.

• Lol. You know i was taught to never take care of a man. Meaning dont be like so many woman and take care of a man who is with you just for the money. Men are the same way its taboo to talk about, and no most women are not why would we be when we are getting better jobs than men?

• Same question, different hour.

• I can only speak from experience here, I grew up in an area where people are very wealthy so had always met guys who had lots of money. For me though, it always came down to chemistry, I was "seeing" one guy who was insanely wealthy, but we still had no "spark" and thats why I didn't pursue it any further. I think it is very difficult to maintain a relationship if you dont feel "it"

• I look at character. If a guy has a good and does the best he can than thats all i need. Dont need money and expensive things.

• Most is a bit of a stretch, but yes there are some women like that.

• Most = no
    Some = yes

• Yea, just like all black people are thieves and how all men are rapists.

• Nah.

• The majority, no. Some, yes. The girls who are most strategically arranged to catch your attention are often most likely to be gold diggers. They spend most time being hot so they can get paid.

Other women may also be hot, but don't spend as much time and money trying to catch guys eyes. They may be at the gym in sweats, not booty shorts. They may have good figures, but not boob jobs. Thet may wear makeup, but not the great work that takes hours to apply. Etc. They've got other cool things to balance.

• I don't want to make any generalizations, but there will always be women who are gold diggers. I can't say, with confidence, that MOST women are, but like in any population, there will always be some. Just like there will always be men who prefer women with long hair over short hair, or men who prefer not to date a virgin, or men who are "boob" men or "ass" men, etc.

Speaking for myself, I am not a gold digger. If I expect something of my man, then I also expect it of myself. If I expect him to be employed, then I must also be employed. Actually, the man I'm seeing now doesn't make as much as I do, but that's a non-issue for me because he's an honest, hard-working man, has a good personality, good morals, and a good head on his shoulders.

• Nope! Only very few women are actually gold diggers. The rest of us normal women actually love our man for who he is. Not his money:)

What Guys Said 5

• No, but unfortunately some are. It shouldn't be much of a problem because if she's a gold-digger, she doesn't really care for you so it should be easy to spot her true intentions.

• Yes absolutely , unfortunately most women are gold digger at these days. But I don't care gold digger women. They want cock and money , nothing more :D

• The majority? No.

• I think most are and I think it's because of feminism

• There are a lot of women who are gold diggers, most women care about money which is sad.