What does it mean when a girl wants to 'take it slow'?

Recently I guess I would say I am "talking" to an ex girlfriend of mine and she says that she wants to take it slow. We dated a few years back but then she went away for college and things didn't work out so well, but we've kept in touch with occasional lunches, coffee meets, and holiday wishes since. Fast forward to today, she was telling me how much she missed me and how happy I made her when I saw her earlier and she could not stop smiling. Anyways, she said she wanted to take things slowly because she thinks we rushed things last time and sometimes still thinks about her most recent boyfriend (they dated for a little over a year) and she's had a bad history of rushing and ending things badly. To clarify I know for a fact I can make her forget him, she missed me even while she was with him and nearly dumped him to get back together with me. So my question is what do I do and how do I act? I can be a friend and I can be a boyfriend but right now I have to act somewhere in the middle and I'm not exactly sure how to do that. Any ideas? She told me that when things progress and she's ready she'd be okay with making it "official." But right now i have no idea how to act and I'm not quite sure if it's going to make it that far if I don't find out how soon. Any advice would be great!

What Girls Said 1

• It means she doesn't feel ready to make it official. That is all.

What Guys Said 1

• its an excuse girls use (a code) to tell you they are waiting for someone else to come along. or her ex to come back, dont believe her when she says she wants to make it official because when her ex moves on, she will also. so your in a rebound trap, so tell her you dont want things to be slow, and if it is, then tell her you will leave her. dont put up with this female manipulation shit, let her know you mean business. and that your not someone who wants to be treated like a joke.