MY boyfriend IS ONLY WITH ME FOR SEX?

My boyfriend of 2 years and I were talking, and I asked him why he was with me, he said "food and sex"... we both laughed it off... but I am a bit worried that this might be the case. How do I know he is in the relationship because he loves me and not just for food and sex?

Most Helpful Guy

• so you want a long term relationship right with someone who loves you?

try to get a sense that:
    * he cares about you as a person... like when you are down, future career, your feelings, when you are sick does he care for you or respect you
    * does he value your opinion
    * are you compatible in various ways... environmental, beliefs, etc..

he may have been joking, but does he ever say he loves you or cares about you? its hard for guys to say sometimes... like it is a huge commitment for them when sex isn't. its giving their heart and future and they aren't so quick to commit... that's why the knucklehead girls are supposed to hold back the sex until they get what they way, but they seem to think differently these days. Its a negotiation...

Most Helpful Girl

• While I don't know your boyfriend, I think it's more like, you asked a silly question, got a joke as a reply.
    Maybe you're just being insecure, but in case you're really wondering, you better have a serious conversation with him rather than try and figure it out by yourself or ask randomly about it? Although, of course, what you feel while/ when you're together is not less important than what he may say.

What Guys Said 11

• Being overemotional with women is not masculine and women are not attracted to it. That's why he gave you a joke response.

Also, its an emotionally charged question. He's with you for the same reason any man is with any women, because you enjoy spending time together.

The way you can tell is by the way he treats you. Do you guys hang out during the day doing things together, or does he only want to see you late in the evening. Does he only respond to you when food or sex is involved.

And anyways, if he was with you only for food and sex he wouldn't admit it, he'd come up with some other lie to tell you.

• First, you talk to him more - ask about what he sees as your future together.

Second, look at his ACTIONS. There will clearly be a difference between a guy who only wants you for sex and food and someone who cares about you. His actions will speak louder than words.

• sometimes a little humor may be a translation of what's hidden inside. asking that kinda question means you already guessed this feeling before and you started to look for truth.
    some tests won't hurt him, but will reveal the answer that you looking for.

• Sounds like he was just joking around.

If you are truly worried. Look at what he does for you because actions speak louder than words.

• How'd this boyfriend impress you in the first place?

• Its just a joke.

• It's hard to put up with someone with for two years if there's not a connection. But if you're unsure make a reason not to have sex for a bit and see where that leads

• it was just a joke probably. u dont stay with some1 2 years if you not happy being with them.

• guys date girls for all kinds of reasons , food would seem like an odd reason to date someone , unless that person is a really good cook. sex is a more common reason to date someone , a lot of people are looking for sex and if someone is good in bed that makes them more desirable

• Might be just a joke. Actions are most important. If he's sweet to you and does caring stuff, then he cares for you. Obviously if he hardly remembers you bday, sends any sweet texts, then he's not.

Can u check out my take pls?

• Might not be far off. As this guy puts it at 0:29.

https://youtu.be/CSet0opkPWc

A lot of guys get into relationship with women for steady sex. Pussy on demand as they say and plus eventually they can get girls to do all kind of shit that a one night stand would not be too comfortable with such as cumming in her asshole raw.

What Girls Said 4

• Don't have sex with him every time he wants it? Or you could just talk to him about it?

• You have to ask him.

• Lol? He just told you why..

• See how he treats you.
    He could have just said food and sex in a teasing way and laughed it off so don't think too much on that.
    But is he attentive? Being a good boyfriend? Does he care about what you up to every day, like little stuffs he does daily.