Do I need to show more affection or is this normal for the beginning of a relationship?

I've been hanging out/dating a friend for about a month. We've slept together twice but both times we were a little drunk. Since then he's come over and we haven't drank anything and just laughed and talked and it's like we are both a bit shy and timid. We don't kiss and it isn't until the very end that we start getting touchy-feely. We've never kissed each other hello or goodbye. Is this normal or am I being weird? I'm kinda shy by the way. I'm just worried he's losing interest because he doesn't text me as much as he used to. But I know that's normal too. Thanks for the insights!

Most Helpful Guy

• Normal since you started as friends. Can be hard to cross over that friend/lover line. I think you both are naturally shy and need the alcohol to over come that shyness and therefore you are both at a bit of a stalemate when sober. Don't sweat it for now, once some more time goes by and you both become more confident and comfortable with each other, things will be fine!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I do not consider it normal to be honest. I think he is just using you for sex.

He's really not that type of guy though. He's really sweet and he's a family friend