How do I talk to my mom about inviting my girlfriend over?

Ok so I just asked this girl out and we have been dating for 3 days now. This is not just a high school relationship and it's somewhat serious. She wants to hang out and I want to invite her over and I have to ask my parents. They know that we are going out now that's not the problem. They're gonna say yes and that's not the problem either. It's just bringing it up which is the problem. I don't want them to make it awkward when I bring it up. Please help!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just say something like "[Girls name] wants to come over and hang out here. Is that cool?"

Keep it casual. Its only awkward because you think its awkward. Im sure it'll be nbd once you ask.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not that this helps you in anyway, but I always found it awkward talking to my parents about girls no matter how the topic was brought up. I never had a relationship till recently so I never had to ask my parents about inviting a girl over. However, I would say they are your parents and they won't judge you, just ask!

Thanks for MHO! so did you succeed in making it as least awkward as possible?

What Girls Said 2

• just be like hey... wants to come over on... day is that alright with you guys?

• Just mention it in casual conversation. It's only awkward if you make it awkward.

What Guys Said 1

• Just tell them that you'd like to invite her over. I think that it won't be awkward,, you're just overthinking it.