Guys, would you date a woman who had this in her profile: "I've had my fun. Now I want something serious."?

This is a real quote from a profile on OKCupid.

• Yes
  • No
  • I'm a girl

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean... OK, some guys are put off by a woman's sexual history, others aren't.

But, even putting that aside -- OMG the way she wrote this!
    She's literally broadcasting that this "serious" thing, that she wants, is NOT GOING TO BE FUN.
    That's what she is LITERALLY SAYING. "Her fun" is past tense.

I mean... sure, this will still attract *some* guys -- namely, the ones who think of "fun" as something to get out of yr system while you're young, and who think of marriage/commitment as something that's inevitably stolid, boring, routine, and pretty much the death of "fun" in every way imaginable.

If I was the guy? Nope. Five sizes and seven colors of oh HELL no.
    Marriage is SUPPOSED to be fun! And addictive, and fulfilling, and all those other kinds of awesomeness. While being VERY "serious" at the same time.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• It shows honesty which is a very useful trait for a relationship!

I've found experienced people to be more loyal and committed because they appreciate it more. They aren't busy wondering what's out there or fear missing out.

So many men make the mistake of marrying the innocent woman who then hates sex or the deceiving woman who puts on a front to hide her sexuality then cheats for various reasons.

• That Girl should have Added: "Only Serious Inquiries Need to Apply, Guy."
    Good luck. xx

Oh, it was an instant turn off for me. To me, it translates to "I slept around in my youth, but now I want to settle down with a stable, nice guy," and she won't be very sexual with THAT guy. I'm fairly inexperienced myself, so that would be an insult to me.

Don't get me wrong, I want a serious, long term relationship, but reading that? No thanks...

I do not think she went about it very well, especially on "Cupid." But one never knows what Joe she will get, and I wonder if maybe having her "Fun," hun, she could be the One. She sounds Honest. xx

• LMAO!! Well... she's not very smart...

I have to admit, it was an instant turn off to me.

If I were a man, I'd be running already. :')

• I wouldn't message her. Since she had the audacity to write that... it makes her sound entitled, not to mention nasty

• my anwer is no if it were somethng a guy wrote

• LOL guys who are the same would.

• She probably should have left that out because having her fun could mean a multitude of different things. Or it could mean that she has slept around. Either way it would make a guy pass over her, unless they were just wanting a sexual relationship.

What I read from it was that she had slept around but now she's done with her sexual phase and wants a stable provider. I want a serious relationship, but not with someone like that.

exactly why she should have left it out, because a lot of guys are going to overlook her because they aren't going to want a girl like that, even though she might be a great girl

What Guys Said 21

• Personally, no, I would not date such a girl. She's already shown she limits who she is because she feels she has to get things out of her system before she can move on to something 'serious' as she states. That's not how one should start off in a relationship.

• I woudnt date a woman on OkCupid period.

That's like eating food out of a back alley dumpster.

Haha, well OK. But in general... If a woman said that to you, would you still consider dating her?

You sound like a reject, who is still hurting.

@GrapeJuice Is that supposed to refute my analogy stating that OkCupid is a cesspool? Whether or not I'm a reject has nothing to do with the fact that OkCupid lacks cupid's arrow. Sure, you may find a few articles that serve as marketing ploys. But like the lottery, there are millions of losers every single day.

If you're convinced that being "a reject" has anything to do with it, go find your next wife on OkCupid. I won't hold my breath.

• So she fucked like 3 football teams and now she suddenly wants something serious? Hell no xD

• sure i would be ok with it. at least to date her and find out what "fun" meant

• Nope and its not even what she means by having sex it's more of she doesn't see dating or marriage can be fun more as a chore. Total turnoff.

• Probably not.

• The FI has told women they are free to date and fuck whomever and whenever they want. The problem is the good guys get taken by the good girls, and the rest of them don't want the used up ones. Once they hit thirties it's all downhill from there. Really dumb.

• Noooo... If i had to pick one, I'd be the girls fun from when she was a slutty 17 year old, not her boring boyfriend!

• I am far too ugly to be picky so if she was interested then yes.

If I actually had other options I wouldn't though.

• Yes. When I was single, I was looking both long and short term.

• I think she shouldn't be judged i mean u dont really know what she meant by fun maybe she meant going in multiple dates or not having a committed realtioship all teenagers and 20s people fuck around thats not new at least she want to get mature

• Leftovers... no thanks.

• Lol bruhhh no thanks, people like that usually will have no connection with you they're just with you just to be with you😂

I took it to mean "I've slept around, but now I want someone to take care of me."

Pretty much😂😂

• well I would give her a go and see what fun she had. You may find she is a unicorn. Winner.

• I'm not waiting for you to get off the roller coaster

• Of course I would

Have you "had your fun" as well?

Not everyone is experienced.

That's true but if somone had a crazy life it doesn't make them bad

• I'm a girl

• For all you guys saying no. Would you prefer she lied to you and told you she only slept with 2 dudes?

• I'm guessing she's not very clever...

• lmfao!!! Hell to the no. That spells out "I fucked around in the past and now I've had enough. I want a good guy and im ready for it". Clearly not lady, pmsl. I feel sorry for the dude who'll date her. Whoever wants to fix her broken ass can, but I wont!

• I might, depends if she looks good and doesn't mind me asking to get tested for stds before we start having sex