Why would a guy be hot & cold in the beginning stages of dating?

list of reasons, please not just one. I'd like a bunch.

Most Helpful Guy

• People behave that way because they have other issues taking their attention. So this might make things look calm, but when issues are cleared the attention returns.

It isn't always another female?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I would back off completely when he goes cold. I had a guy do that to me and I pressured for the truth, I found out he was confused about his feelings and afraid of being hurt, in other words he didn't want to commit. Be very careful and I would expect the worst because I tried to talk to him about it and he said everything was fine. Now I'm left out in the cold and I gave up complete hope on him. A normal relationship doesn't go that way, if someone cares for you, they will act pretty much the same.

How long did you know him for? And how long would he be hot, and how long cold?

I knew him for 2 months and he started going cold after a month. In that month he was very hot in his approach to me, so it was a shock to me when he started w/drawing.

That 1st month, the way he cared for me drew me in emotionally.