How do guys feel when their crush mentions another guy while they were talking?

My situation:
Him: What did you do this weekend?
Me: Family Gathering, you?
Him: I went to ___ festival, you should have came.
Me: Oh i met this guy the other day and he invited me to that festival but i had plans already.
Him: Oh ok well talk to you later.

How do you think he felt? Yes I'm positive he likes me!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, that would really depend on the guy.

1. If he is already of the insecure, jealous type then he would think that why you are mentioning this guy? he might even assume that you might have some interest in the other guy.

2. There is a good chance he thinks you are trying to make him jealous, he might think you are trying to play mind games with him, you are trying to test him.

3. Are you playing hard to get? it's looks like you are.

Well, I am not sure how this guy is but the fact you mentioned another guy and he immediately backed out there is a good chance that he thinks you are not interested in him. May be he thinks you are trying to make him jealous on purpose.

I don't know if you are trying to make him jealous or not, but if you doing this on purpose to test him, to test his reaction then let me tell you that you are making a very big mistake. Men don't have patience for such a woman who plays mind games with them, men don't like to deal with their emotions, men don't like to deal with such women. Men absolutely dislike such women who try to make them jealous and test them in that manner.

Trying to make a man jealous will most probably backfire on you and yes it will fail. The chances of failure are 95%, and most importantly it will not work on all guys. It " MIGHT" work on a few type of guys only. On most guys it will fail.

If a man ever comes to know or if he gets an idea that you are trying to make him jealous, then they will most likely stop talking to you, they will even forget that you exist and yes they will walk away from you surely.

Men would rather go for a woman who would be straightforward and more of an open book, mature and won't play mind games with them.

That's all I can say

Most Helpful Girl

• He probably thought you turned him down gently or he thought that you wanted to brag about someone asking you out.

What Guys Said 16

• It isn't so much how he felt, but how you felt. Are you interested in HIM? If so, act quickly before he moves on. If not, then he might be miffed but he will move on.

Guys move on quick?

@Asker

Yes, that's right. Guys do move on quickly regardless of the age but that would also depend on the guy himself, like how strong he is mentally and how much he would have liked you. Depending on that the time frame may vary.

I mean moving on quickly is a capacity of the person.

This was only a crush, nothing serious. If it had been a full-on relationship, he might have been very upset. I guess guys of 27+ can move on quickly when it's only a crush, as well as those in my age group.

• he felt like "i must find that guy and i must kill him" xD

My goal! Lol

as if Age would somehow take the credibility from you xD I think younger ones are even more likely to lie, cause they are in for the fun.

I guess i shouldn't judge by a number

• It sucks, I feel like i've got to work harder just to keep her attention.

Lets hope that's the results

That won't be the result...

He is shy, realizes other guys are asking you out and now feels like he is out of the running...

He will probrally move on now...

• Yeah he felt like shit. And he wants you to never speak about that other guy ever. If down the road he asks you about your relationship don't blow up and tell him 'dont make it awkward".

If you liked the first guy, why wouldn't you tell him? You probably lost an amazing guy who would have done anything for you

• 1. i would think your trying to turn me down , make me jealous , or showing me you are wanted by other men
    2. i would not care that you brought that up and would try again

Not going to lie, i was definitely trying to make him jealous or see how he reacts but he just walks away lol Fail

• I feel like she's not serious about me, so I guess I'll treat her the same. If we fuck we fuck, but I'll keep looking for better girls.

• You're not going to get hum to ask you out like that. What you did just made it more likely he will not ask you out and lose what interest he may have had in you.

• Upset?

• We hate it and many of us will ghost them after this.

• He's jealous the last thing a guy wants to hear his crush talk about it another guy. And fact that u know he likes you makes it even worse if he knows that you know.

• He was nearly dying...

is that good or bad?

depends on how long he had to wait till he met you next time.
      If he has to wait too long he will be crying his eyes out.

why is he holding off asking me out then? he's known me for a year and a half already

• A bit of jealous like a lot of a bit. x'D

• If it was me I'd be mad for about a day tops

• It wouldn't bother me, I am not the jealous type.

• He felt dismissed. You never talk about others to your crush!

• So... you told this guy that you are sort of interested in that you would have gone to this festival with another guy except you were busy.

Does that help?

What Girls Said 2

• Seems like a bitchy thing to say.. and he was probably discouraged by it. I don't know

• Think about how you would feel