Why do guys like me even when I'm not pretty?

a lot of guys and girls like me even though I'm kinda over weight and pretty. Im literally a guy magnet as my friends say but it makes no sense why do hot guys like me and always ask me out if I'm ugly and kinda over weight?

Most Helpful Guy

• im guessing you have a cool personality, and they over look the "unattractive part"

Most Helpful Girl

• I've kind of been the same. Like I'd show my friends a photo of the guy I'd be currently dating and they're like "... um... he's kind of out of your league isn't he? Like he's pretty hot".
    Hurt to hear, and they're no longer friends really but yeah I was the same, always surprised me because people would always bully me for weight and looks!

Maybe we're nice people :)

Yeah same thing happens to me 😔 And I'm happy I hear another girls also going through it thanks for your story it actually helps me think who's my real friends and that it doesn't matter how I look

My Cybermates! Lol I've gone through the same thing and still do now. Only difference is I tend to push those guys away but I don't believe that they're intentions are pure and usually believe that they just want to have sex with me which is dumb because I mean really how many guys want the "overweight" girl right?

I think we just get down on ourselves because I've dated the guys every girl wants and gotten ones that I've actually wanted but didn't think they'd be interested because of weight.
      As long as you constantly remind yourself it will always be an issue and you'll always wonder if they're being genuine or if it's a joke. Can only have faith in yourself

@SmandyCandy Yes, exatly! I'm in a relationship now and god he's great, but part of me still just wonders "how can he like my body?" I saw nudes of his ex accidentally (long story), and she's got bigger, perkier boobs, and she's skinnier... And, there's just a big part of me that's like - how can you really like me.

But then, some guys do, some guys don't even see the weight and others do and have a weird ass fetish for it! ha.

I've let myself start to like too many guys because they gave me some attention when nobody else would and it never leads anywhere good. So now it's just knowing that some people will find you beautiful, and to find those people, and just know that they mean it, and to have some trust and faith as you said!

What Guys Said 4

• Well if you say you are not pretty by looks, the it has something to do with your personality, maybe your personality is near perfect say 95/100 or something.

• Maybe they like your personality.

• You must be attractive with cool personality

• Do u have any ass?
    Maybe natural beauty

Actually that's my personal info but maybe it is natural beauty

I ask because black dudes tend to go crazy for the thick ones.
      My friend megan is a bit overweight but she got booty & a bit cute and black dudes go nuts over her

It could aslo be your personality, im very attracted to woman like that regardless of looks...

What Girls Said 1

• Erm... maybe you have a great personality?