How do I know if my boyfriend is cheating on me?

Lately my boyfriend has been acting really strange. When we get a chance to talk since we are in a long distance relationship all he will say is Hi, are you good?, okay and I got to go. All in the same time. Well not at the same time just one after the other when we are on the phone. When we Skype it's like all he wants to do is something else other than talk to me so I just tell him that he looks busy and that I will talk to him later. Lastly when we text he will do the same thing with the phone calls or not respond to me over a couple of weeks period. I don't know what to do I have tried not talking to him for a long period of time to see but he just ends up doing the same thing but he adds in the I miss you and the I love you's at the end. I only wish this relationship was going to last since my past relationships were worse. Plus what makes it even harder on me is that I want to get married to my boyfriend and later on start a family with him. I just don't have the answers anymore so I was hoping this could help.
From,
Cheated on once.

P. S. My boyfriend also still in contact with all of his ex's who have also lied and cheated on him.

3mo Well I ended up calling my boyfriend and another girl answered and when I told her I wanted to talk to him her response was "babe there is a girl who wants to talk to you." I honestly just hung up my phone and blocked his number. I guess 50% of the time I think I deserve the hurt that guys do to me and the other 50% I don't deserve it. But I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave me advice and I guess it's a lesson learned on my part and not to trust guys that easily.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can understand and it's not going to be easy since it's a long distance relationship. Well, I can really say if he is cheating on you, but it does look to me that he is losing interest and he is losing it fast. You need to have a conversation with him on this one.

Most Helpful Girl

• Long distance relationships are hard, statistically 3/4 of them end within a year. I can't really tell you whether or not he's cheating on you because I don't know his normal behaviours and I'm seeing things through your side only, which is (although reasonable) reading as scared. I can tell you when my ex-boyfriend went to university, he started cheating right away... but the guilt actually made him see more of me and talk to me more often, because he knew what he was doing was wrong so he was overcompensating. Its not concrete as every experience is different though, so I'll give you the same advice I was given: call him out on it. Maybe don't accuse him of cheating automatically, but let him know you've noticed the changes in his behaviour. See how he defends himself, maybe he is going through something he is embarrassed to explain, or maybe he is cheating. You will know him best and his responses, even if they are lies, are going to be what helps you understand as you read him. Don't sit around waiting for answers, it's obvious he doesn't want to give them freely; demand them.

What Guys Said 7

• Men have sex with other women for one reason: They are not getting everything they need or want from the woman they are with.

Think about that.

• Sorry for what happened! Hope you are doing ok!

• How'd this boyfriend impress you in the first place?

We were best friends in high school and had feelings for each other then he decided to go into the military so we decided not to date. After two years of not being in contact we get into contact again and I guess he just bought all those feelings back.

Well I didn't really want him because he was a football player his personality was the thing that caught my eye since he was the comedian in class.

And I was the silent loner in high school. Now, I've tried to become more outgoing, but women still don't like me, so go figure.

• How do you know they lied and cheated on him?

• Just sit down with him and ask him. You should be able to tell if he's lying.

I usually can't tell if his lying since he likes to be like the class clown and make jokes so he knows how to find things with a smile. Plus I don't see him since he lives in a different state.

• Smell his dick.

• Usually the accuser, is the one who's actually cheating

I know how it feels to be cheated on and I would never do that to someone I'm with.

Have you been cheated on before I highly dought shed post this of she was

Nope, never been cheated on, thank god

What Girls Said 12

• Cheating or not, you're in a bad relationship. Life's too short to not be obsessed with your partner and you should have 0 doubts in your mind.

• Theory 1: He has something stressful going on in his life that he can't deal with so instead of talking to you about it he keeps himself busy.
    Theory 2: He doesn't like you as much as you like him... Talk to him about it. If he doesn't want to talk to you for long then that should tell you he isn't interested in you.

Yeah I'm actually starting to think that myself too.

• Just ask him. I had a long distance relationship after we were living in the same place for 2 years. He stopped being in love with me even while I was there but I couldn't see and then the distance came to open my eyes. One morning I woke up and I wasn't interested anymore. I told him and he even asked me why I was breaking up with him. Like, excuse me? He was not calling or texting for days and was always busy. He never cheated on me but he was just not into me anymore. Your boyfriend may be the same. You can't blame someone for not being in love with you anymore. As for the family, it looks like he doesn't deserve to be your husband or your baby's dad. You deserve someone who will always be there for you and cancel everything to be or talk to you. I'm sure you deserve the best and I know than nobody likes being alone but everything goes away with time. Don't be sad for things you can't change or control.

I know it just hurts and I tried to talk to him about it before all he did was change the subject.

I will talk to him tomorrow

Awesome. Don't be afraid to lose him because he is not even there anymore. Take good care of yourself and everything will be ok.

• Sounds kind of suspicious to me. Yet again, don't go and assume things without properly asking him upfront with what's his deal, why is he being like this. Also express your feelings and thoughts. Only then will he know what's wrong with you.

• I'm sorry for what happened but girl, just know that it's not your loss. You deserve a who loves you as much As you love him. Long distance is hard and guys are stupid ahaha stay strong (:

• Let it go, he has lost interest, it was only a matter of time because it's a long distance relationship. He's not seeing you in person so connection waning with him..

• I'd say he's probably cheating, or wants to end the relationship. Or he is just really busy all the time. If you wanna marry this guy and have a family, I'd tell him. If he reacts badly, then you probably know what to do after that. If he wants the same thing, then you've got a good man on your hands.

• Wow what a dick

• This is a hard question have you seen anynti g on his Facebook or something that supicous. I've dealt with this and its hard and I've been mistaken one to times and my ex broke up with me. Because of it.

• unless either of you have plans to relocate with the other then long distance relationships usually don't work. and he already sounds shifty.

• Its hard to say because its a long distant relationship. If anything it sounds like he is losing interest. Why not just call him and flat out ask if he still wants to continue this relationship?

• I doesn't sound like he's cheating. It just sounds like he is becoming less interested. LTR are very tough because that physical connection isn't there and it's difficult. You just have to be honest with him because if he doesn't want to be with you, he needs to let you know now and not waste anymore of your time.

I tried to talk to him before about it he just ends up changing the subject and not wanting to talking about.

I believe in what this anonymous poster said. I think he is not into you and just does not want to end it with you. If you are in a relationship and someone does not respond for a couple of weeks like you said then you really aren't in a relationship. Whether he is cheating or not is secondary.

I worry since you are so focused on finding a man to marry. Your age says 18-24. Maybe your goal right now should be learning to recognize a good man, date a good man and keep a good man. Then maybe think about marrying that guy. But you have plenty of time. Do not be in such a hurry.

Good luck to ya' whatever you decide to do.