Would you date someone you weren't physically attracted to? (Pls read details)?

So I recently broke up with my ex boyfriend (it's been a month) and I was starting to feel lonely and stuff so I went on a dating app and met up with this guy from there and he asked me to be his girlfriend 2 days later and I said yes. Well now that I think about it I don't wanna seem shallow or anything but I'm just not physically attracted to him but i don't wanna be rude and say that so what should I do? The only reason I even dated him was as much as I hate to say it was for a rebound but that's not right and it's not fair to him. So what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Physical attraction is essential.

End things with this guy sooner rather than later to minimize the upset.

Most Helpful Girl

• You tell him you do not wish to date him. If he asks why, you tell him that you aren't attracted to him.

Here the golden rule applies, do onto others what you wish done to you. Would you want someone to continue to see you if the only reason they were still seeing you was because they were too scared to hurt your feelings by telling you that they did not wish to see you?

Here common senses also applies - eventually you are going to hurt this guy's feelings. Eventually you are going to have to end it with him or make it so he ends it with you. Either way, his feelings are going to be hurt.

It is better to do it now than later. It is better for him since it does not prolong the inevitable. It is better for you since you can exit with some grace and dignity for doing the right thing at the right time. You lose both grace and dignity if you wait too long.

If you aren't into someone and do not expect that to change, then let them go. You are not doing them any favors by still dating them. If anything, you are causing damage. So let them go.

That is my advice. :)

What Guys Said 13

• Easy come, easy go. Just tell him you made a mistake and that you weren't serious. Be honest, then cut ties. Most girls understand this and get it right, minus the failure to actually tell the guy what happened. At least give him that.

He's a bit of a moron for asking you to be his girlfriend after two days on a shitty dating app.

• You gotta tell him although I'm a firm believer on not dating for looks. If your the kind of person who can't be completely attracted to your partner then you can't make it work No matter what you do

You didn't even like the guy it's messed up you'd be foolish enough to date him 2 days after a break up

BAD MOVE

I hope he's not hurt and I hope you learned your lesson

I dated him a month after my breakup and he asked me to be his girlfriend after 2 days of meeting me but yeah I definitely did learn my lesson

That's still a rebound

You gotta wait a month after meeting to ensure its not a rebound. NOT SAYING REBOUNDS ARE BAD!!! But they usually don't work out.

• I would but I can't say it will last long. I once spent a lot of time with a girl that I thought was attractive but not in a dating way, (she wasn't ugly), and I actually started thinking of her as a partner because if her personality. But then after that I hadn't really seen her around anymore except for here and there and I still think about it when I see her

• You women are just so cruel and manipulative. This is why MGTOW is growing because men are fed up of all this crap as such, eventually you women are going to be nothing to men but disposable sex toys. Yeah we get it, you women are hypergamous by nature and can't be with a man unless your friends approve of him, he's 6ft tall, jacked, makes 6 figure salary and is a bad boy thug.

Go chase the alpha males but don't come running to the nice guys for relationships in your post wall 30s when these alphas dont want you anymore.

I have not the slightest sympathy for you honestly.

Um first of all that's not true and you don't even know me so you can't judge and if a guy only wanted sex (which would be obvious) then I would never date him and I'd rather be single forever. Second of all for me to date a guy he doesn't need to be 6 ft tall, just taller than me and that is pretty easy since I'm short (5'5), he doesn't need to be "jacked" I mean I go to the gym and I'm pretty fit myself so that's all I expect from the guy too. He doesn't need to make 6 figure salary he could make whatever he wants I could care less about that because I'd be making my OWN money!!! And trust me with the job I plan to have il hopefully be making 6 figures Myself. So yeah, personality definitely matters but physical attraction is also just as important in a relationship. I wouldn't come "running back" into my 30s to people I didn't want because well first of all that's lot fair to them second of all why would I do that? I personally dont Want kids or anything.

Okay first of all, don't put us all in the same category and making such assumptions that ALL of us are cruel and manipulative. Secondly, you don't have to put it like that man honestly. I understand, yes some of us are terrible but there are others who don't mean for things like this to happen. I agree she was a little careless on her part but that's what makes all of us humans, we make mistakes and we have flaws. Some bigger than others but as humans we grow and we learn from our mistakes. So let's all just be kind little civilians okay? This is a community, we help each other out when we fuck up or when we have concerns, so let's be nice here please?

• Just tell him you rushed in to it and are not yet ready for a relationship so soon after a break up.

• As long as she has a good heart and personality and got along with her well and enjoyed her company yeah id date her, because id already be attracted to her innerself and even if i wans physically attracted to her, getting to know her more and spending time with her id find attractive things about her physically

• I did, how shallow a good amount of the girls that found out were telling me I could date prettier. One asked "do you know how good looking you are?" People can be truly hurtful

That is really shallow but maybe they were just jealous that you were dating another girl and they liked you

• Just break up, it's not like you signed a contract to be his girlfriend for at least 1 month or something.

• i think you should tell that guy the truth and leave him

• Tell him, so you can both move on with your lives. Don't do it again.

Good luck.

• That's impossible, but she could be emotionally attractive to me too.

• this is why its best that the girl chooses the guy instead of the guy choosing the girl and why most guys dont approach girls, because of shit like this

I know what I did was wrong and I honestly don't mean to be rude! I mean I woudlnt mind being friends with him

guys are not looking for a friend on dating site ya know, they are looking for love.

• Not DATE. That's friend material to me.

What Girls Said 7

• I wouldn't date him. He thinks you two are on a real relationship, while it's obvious you're not over your ex. It's never okay to take advantage of someone, as I see it as advantage. It's not fair against that good boyfriend you have now. Especially while you say you're not physically attracted to him.

• Just let him know your not ready for a relationship, that you need to get yourself toget her a bit. If your not attracted to him in any way just walk away from it , because then you won't feel it later either. You need to be on the same page to make it work

• Um... Obviously you should break it off. You should spend more time with yourself before you get into another relationship, because if you're rushing into relationships with other people, you're hurting them and yourself. I think you should at least wait until you don't feel so lonely anymore before you go into seeing other people. Plus, being single is great, you should embrace it now and think about relationships later :)

• better to say it to him and do it in the begining, so i would be less harm for him.
    I remember once i met with guy, who i wasn't really attracted to, just bcoz i was lonely and wanted a rebound and he ended up have feelings for me and made plans and wanted to meet again...
    It was hard to reject him, but i did it... And ever since i dont meet with anyone when i am not attracted to them

• You should ask for breakup with a reason that it was just a rebound. Don't mention physical attraction
    And I totally get it. Physical attraction is important

• Nope. Even if I tried, it wouldn't last.

• Just tell him you're not ready