Do I text or call?

When I'm asking a girl out for the first time (assuming the fact that I can't ask her in person), should I text or call her? I'm not afraid of calling, but I feel like texting would be better (in case she was busy or something).

Most Helpful Girl

• call her but if she doesn't pick up, don't ask her out on the message. Just say something along the lines of "Hey ____, give me a call when you get the chance". this way she'll be curious as to why you called and call you back much faster. Good luck! :)

What Girls Said 3

• Text may be more comfortable but most women usually prefer that guys be as personal as possible. We want to hear the words and the tone of your voice...We are usually never to busy for that...Best of luck. Cheers!

• Calling her would be best...txting makes you seem like a d***

• texting it would be better, but I think it'd be better if you did it in person

What Guys Said 1

• I'd suggest calling, always. Text is better for teasing and bantering back and forth, or quick little conversations, once you know her better. But at the beginning, it's better to show confidence and let her hear your voice. If she's busy, she most likely won't answer, and all you have to do is leave a short (VERY short), simple, confident voicemail, and if she's game she'll get back to you. Best of luck.