How should I get out of a first date?

I started talking to a guy online a few days ago and planned to go out with him tonight. I have had some red flags like him trying to get a second date after not even having a first date, and keep telling me he wants to kiss me before he's even met me and that he hopes I will want to wake up next to him in the future. I thought about giving him the benefit of the doubt and meet him but decided, nope, this is too much.

How do I let him down? Should I be honest and tell him he is being way too forward or should I go with a more gentle tact and say that I don't think I am the person that can give him what he needs or wants?

He is really freaking me out

Most Helpful Guy

• If you feel like going out with someone makes you feel uncomfortable, then you shouldn't go. But you can't put off the inevitable so I would recommend texting him, telling him that you aren't interested in going out with him. You don't need to go into elaborate explanations, but you need to be straight with him that you are not interested. Thank him for his efforts and attention, then you need to ghost him. Reading your other comments, he could be a borderline stalker, so you need to put some distance between you and him and block him on the media sites so he can't keep following you that way.

What Guys Said 5

• I say be honest, let him take it either good or bad, and just be done with it. The first thing I don't really think is a red flag but just awkward, but the rest is a little too pushy.

He was trying to figure out where I worked too and somehow figured out my last name and used that to find me on fb.

• Leave. lol. Damn. Too easy. lol.

• Text him that you changed your mind and have no interest in going out because he knows what he did! lol

That will screw with his mind.

Seriously? If he knows where you live, then just explain you changed your mind and your not interested. Don't go into elaborate details.

• Yeah just let him know why you are backing out and then just cut contact.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• You can be honest tell him him being way too forward is making you uncomfortable. And whatever he has to say about that just ignore him he really sounds not right.

Or what I do is I just tell him I have unexpected events/plans that I cannot see him this time. And just ignore the guy after they get the message. It's more of coward way to let someone down but I don't know.. This is what I do haha

Whichever way you go with, don't deal with this guy seriously the way he sounds there's no way I can trust this guy.