Don't people understand Relationships with co-workers are a bad idea?

This is a common subject. People always ask questions about getting together with co-workers, or even worse, Bosses.

This is a terrible idea.

Because, everyone will talk about this. No, you cannot keep it a secret. Everyone knows "who's doing who". People can see the subtle looks, body language, etc. People will talk about you, in some cases, negatively, because they know it isn't cool.

If the 2 parties are overt in their relationship, it creates a nonprofessional environment, which can lead to difficulties with the bosses.

If it IS a boss, then problems with the next level of management may occur. Rumors are worse. "Look who's sleeping themselves upward".. on and on.

THEN, if the relationship fails. What then? Well, the talk gets worse. The two parties themselves may talk poorly about the other person. Rumors are started. True or false, a bad environment ensues.

Nothing good becomes of this.

2mo So... really? No one else has comments?

What Girls Said 1

• I agree 100 percent! I can't even add anything to it because you have explained it so well!

What Guys Said 2

• When I was younger and enjoying the single life, I was warned to never get involved with co-workers or neighbors. I figured I was too good at doing what I was doing for that to be true for me, boy was I wrong.

Got all wrapped up with an a lot older co-worker who got my head so twisted up that it turned my work days into a nightmare for a long time. Everyone knew about it ofcourse. People would approach me about it. I had to work directly with her many times, which made it worse. It took awhile for things to semi normalize until she left the company which helped me out. Luckily I worked at a car dealership where worse stuff happened between people so my shit wasn't a heavy focus of the gossip.

I lived in a little 6 plex apartment structure and a good looking girl moved into one of the units. It didn't take my dumb ass long to flirt my way into things. We began a sexual relationship which lasted for a few months. I didn't want to take it further but she did. It ended up getting SUPER ugly. She had to walk passed my front door to get to her apt. She would walk by and ring my doorbell like 15 times, then walk away. Pound on my door and ask why I was ignoring her, then go slam her door at her apt. She once came by after she had been out at the bar and got super crazy because my roomate's girl answered the door. She tried to yank my door open then rush at his girl. The worst part was that she was seperated from her husband but not divorced. He then moves in with her as they try and make it work, and wouldn't you believe that they would fight and she told him about me and now I had to see him too. Lol what a crazy time that was.

I have flirted with other co-workers since, but now I don't allow it to go far. I learned my lesson.

TL;DR I got burned by not listening to the advice of getting involved with neighbors or co-workers.

• I agree. totally stupid. I've seen a lot of disasters.