What do you do if you fall in love with someone you don't find physically attractive?

There's this girl I really really like. She is mature, she doesn't play games, and she is really good to me. She is everything that I cold hope and dream of in a girl, but the only thing she doesn't have is physical attractiveness. My question is should physical attractiveness prevent you from falling in love with and dating someone? I'm torn cause I feel it shouldn't matter and I'm pretty sure I like her enough I can look past it. But trouble is the guys I'm hanging out with are judging me over it and talking about it.

I know I shouldn't care but it bothers me. I'm an attractive guy and she is certainly dating out of her league. But I can't deny she has an extremely attractive personality and is a good person to have in my life. I also don't want to spend their rest of my life searching for the perfect person that I'm never gonna find. And most physically attractive females I've dated in the past have treated me horribly, honestly. So, what would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I would not pursue a romantic experience with someone that my level of attraction can only reach a limited level with. Sooner or later, someone would come along who does excite me with their attractiveness and I know that would really hurt my partner. I need a certain type of magic to happen during intimacy and if all bases of attraction aren't covered then it won't.

I'd recommend that you end things now because what will happen is that you will end up being attracted to another woman eventually and it may lead you to cheat or tempt you to emotionally cheat at least. It's not fair to either of you for you to not feel satisfied completely and for her to not be valued in entirety. She deserves to be treasured for her physical appearance and you deserve to experience a romantic bond that is not void of any form of attraction. Cut this off and end it now.

Also, stop giving a fuck what your friends think. It's not their journey they have to live with so tell them to mind their own business next time they give you shit over something like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly don't give rat's ass about this. This 'physical attraction' thing has been blown way out of proportion as a way for 'shallow people' to not admit being shallow.

If I like her personality and nature, and feel compatible with her, I'm gonna try to get into a relationship with her. It's as simple as that. Looks fade with age, personality doesn't (unless the person chooses to).

What Girls Said 2

• is she reslly that ugly? Lol. I mean if you really don't like how she looks then you should leave her. She deserves to have a guy that actually finds her attractive. She isn't the one for you. You only like her personality and that's not enough. It needs to be 50/50 . Id say break up with her

• The thing about relationships is that there is the factor of physical (even sexual) attraction. It's not the most important factor, but it definitely plays its part in the health of the relationship.

Is there absolutely no part of her, physically, that you're attracted to?

If you're not at all attracted to her, then that relationship will only last so long. It will get to a point where you'll crave physical intimacy (unless you're asexual), and if you're not attracted to her in that way, you'll just be "fucking" her... i. e. having sex just for the release rather than to form a bond/connection.

I think what you absolutely have to consider is the long-term. Will you'll be happy in this kind of relationship?

What Guys Said 4

• I'll tell you exactly what I did. I dated this woman despite what my friends thought or said. We have been together now for 20 years and we just celebrated our 17th anniversary. You said it yourself that you don't want to search all your life hoping to find better. I had already wasted 10 years and a marriage on prettier that yes treated me much like you stated the prettier ones have treated you.

• YOU BETTER GET THAT. If you find her personality beautiful then she IS beautiful. Your friends are dicks. IF you're happy they should be happy for you. I started talking to a girl i personally thought wasn't the most attractive and my friends ragged me for it too. I ignored them and now she is the light of my life and all my friends love her as well.

• If I would fall in love with a girl I would find her physically attractive, even if she's not what you would say a 10 or any other of that nonsense..

• Text eachother. Never call. That's my ideology