I barely get attention from men/getting a nose job?

I never/barely get hit on by men. Only homeless men or guys I don't find attractive will call me beautiful out of nowhere. Once in a blue moon, I will catch a guy staring at me but a guy has never approached me or asked me out and I do not think it is because I am intimidating. But I cannot remember the last time a guy hit on me. I think my nose is big and I feel like it is getting in the way of my attractiveness. I feel really insecure about it. I look in the mirror and I am not satisfied. People told me when I was younger, that I had a big nose (even though I was chubby at the time.); I have my father's nose. Now, my nose is not as big as it was when I was younger but I still don't like it. Should I get a nose job?

Most Helpful Guy

• the common misconception girls have as if its something wrong with them and most of the time its not, the real problem is girls refuse to approach guys themselves and keep expecting guys to do everything, and it doesn't only work that way, its too common for guys to get rejected way more than girls so most guys dont approach girls at all and expect the girl to choose him and approach/make moves.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a very personal decision and completely up to you. If you feel it would raise your confidence and enhance your life, then maybe it would be worth it.

That being said, surgery is expensive and there are other things you could try to help you love yourself more. For example, getting lean and fit, eating really healthy, and having a cute clothing/shoe style can completely raise your attractiveness (and confidence!).

I don't think your experience of rarely getting hit on or asked out is that uncommon among the average girl, unless if you were into online dating or going out to bars/clubs. So I wouldn't expect to get approached more even after the surgery. Just something to think about! Do it to make yourself confident and happy, not to get approached more.

What Guys Said 6

• When im checking out a girl i have yet to meet that i find attractive
    A. Im gonna be checking out her best features, layman's terms tits, ass and figure.
    B. However I'm definitely looking at her face as well but not nitpicking her nose.
    So hun your nose is not your problem. Maybe it's the way you present yourself.

• you're being silly

you have guys hitting on you they just aren't handsome enough for you
    you being shallow maybe you aren't a 6 like the guy you want is

don't be vain

I'd say your personality is more of a turn off then... a nose
    no one I know has ever hated a face because of its nose
    seriously that's just foolish like is it a clown nose?

• I kind of doubt a nose would repel guys much.

• Don't change yourself just because an attractive guy has not approached you. You already mentioned that men that you don't find appealing, find you to be gorgeous. That also means that there must be men out there who you consider to be handsome to find you to be stunning as well. Don't go under the knife unless you are absolutely sure about it. There have been many plastic surgery procedures that have gone completely the wrong way. I am sure that you have a nice nose.

• Its a numbers game.

• I believe that you are over concentrating on your nose which led you not to have a self confidence that you are pretty
    you are unique
    be patient and you will find someone who will love you as you and will love every detail about you

What Girls Said 3

• I have my dad's nose too but men still find me attractive cuz of my personality and my looks too. I have confidence. Be confident in yourself and it will shine and men will approach u better yet be a go-getter and flirt with men. Whatever u do please do not get a nose job. U do not need it. Be happy with yourself. Natural beauty comes from within.

• I also have a rather large nose that I have never been proud of lol. I also have thought many times about getting a nose job, but as a poor ass student i can't afford one now aha. However, lately I have gotten more confidence in myself and I have grown to accept my nose the way it is. Everyone is their own worst critic and maybe you see your nose as being a huge mountain on your face but in reality its probably not half as bad as you think! If you think that the surgery will benefit you and help your self confidence I say go for it! :)

• Maybe it's the insecurity that is turning them off; not your nose