What do you think of car selfies?

On dating sites? What do you think of a person when they post a headshot of themselves sitting in their car?

I didn't think it was a bad thing but I'm reading mixed messages. I personally like how I look in my car selfies. My makeup is still fresh and the wind hasn't fucked up my hair yet. Dunno. What you think guys? Gals?

3mo Just a note: I've been reading blogs about different dating apps and a few editors made negative commentary about car selfies. I was curious about what the general (GaG) population thought about it.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I like to see whether I can identify the make and model, just from whatever fractions of the interior happen to be visible in the picture. I'm pretty good. (: (If you don't know, working on cars was my first love -- my father trained me to do body, mechanical, and electrical on pretty much any non-hybrid -- and is still my only hobby that's purely a hobby.)

I take the occasional car selfie, but more for sheer shits 'n' giggles than anything else. I mean, I drive around 70,000 miles a year, so opportunities are aplenty, let's just say.

__

Do you have a LuMee phone case? It has a light on the back that syncs up with yr camera, to give better lighting for selfies in general. It actually works admirably well.

Oh, and, speaking of cars... do you have a ton of shit hanging from yr rearview mirror, too? 😂😂😂 Totally random, but, I'm just guessing that you might.

What Guys Said 18

• It doesn't bother me that they're doing a bunch of selfies. It's when they're just the photos and make themselves look a little different then what they truly are. I've seen a lot of photos where the close-up makes them look younger and thinner and once you back up or see the whole photo call me you noticed that this isn't the person you thought it was

• Lol i dislike selfies in general, if you're someone that takes them multiple times a day, it just tells me that you're a narcissistic person. That having been said, i dont see anything wrong with it as long as you're not driving when you take it. I mean if the car is in motion and your driving, doing anything with your cell is just plain stupid. Where i live, if you're caught doing that while driving. they will fine you, and destroy your phone.

• I think that selfies are a sign of narcissism.
    As for it being in a car, the person should be focussed on driving, not their narcissism.

• i think you look great in car selfies too. people spend quite some time in their car everyday and I think it has significance right?

• I don't really care... as long as the person looks good on the pic it doesn't matter. there might be better ones, but it's not like it is a nogo lol

• If i saw it on a dating site... i guess i'd think 'cute' or 'hot' if she herself was cute or hot...

eh just doesn't seem to matter to me much whether in a car or elsewhere

• Wow you girls think that much

• Seems fine!! Haha

• It's cool :)

• I hate selfies in general

• Everything fresh, pics snap snap,,... off you go and enjoy the night
    Yea, makes sense

• Showoffs, never done that.

• I don't really mind where you take the selfie... the face ist much more interesting.

• where is your car selfie?

• I think it's pretty pimpin! I take car selfies often to show off my 10 year old jeep 😜

• I think people with too many selfies don't have many friends

I'm talking about on a dating site. There's bound to be selfies on dating sites. How do you feel about that person when you see it on their profile?

• The same as all selfies - usually quite dumb and mundane

• I like them
    by the way you looking beautiful girl

What Girls Said 6