I went to a wedding yesterday, and most of the women there were 26-35, most had Husbands, or boyfriends. I am 20. I met a lady, who was 32, she was really cute, so we talked for like 10min, danced for like an hour and a half, and then sat back down to talk a bit more. As soon as she found out my age... she kind of changed her whole body language towards me.
MY QUESTION IS! Why do ladies not want to date/hook up with guys younger than them?
Like, Hello!!! I am hotter than any guy her age, I have my own Job, Car and Apartment. why... did she instantly not like me anymore :(
I am in exactly that 32 year old woman's position right now as I am dating a 24 year old man. These are my reservations about dating men so younger than us:
1. Different phases in life - As a 32 year old, I am ready to settle down, get married and have kids right now. I guy in his early 20s is just starting out in life, and probably not ready for this commitment. Our biological clock is ticking, and we can't afford to spend time dating someone who is not able to give us what we are looking for.
2. Insecurities - It is a fact men prefer dating younger women. We are just biologically wired that way. So we are worried about how Long we can keep you interested in us physically. A woman also likes to feel young. When she is with a younger guy, she is reminded of how old she is.
3. Different Social circles - Chances are that your interests may differ, and the people you hand out with too. Your friends might not get along with hers and vice versa. This may cause problems.
4. Societal pressures- Also society is harsh on these matters. There is a certain stigma associated with older women dating younger men. They don't want to be judged and laughed at, or called Cougars. If it comes to a situation where it gets serious, your parents might not appreciate your choice of being with someone so much older.
5. Logistics - If you ever want to have kids, this just causes problems. By the time you are financially and mentally ready, she might not even be able to...
Because that 12 year gap makes for people who are at different stages in their lives. You are probably content the way things are now. You have your life starting up and it is probably great. But she has been doing what you are doing for a while and she is probably at the point where she wants to get married and maybe have kids. It is probably safe to say that you are not ready to get married and have kids now. You are a year older than me and I can guarantee that I am not ready to settle down yet.
Because of the stereotype that comes along with an older woman dating a considerably younger male. She doesn't want to be called a cougar. Not to mention there's this thing where people feel if you're younger, you're not as mature as them. Which is shit but... I guess she didn't want to be judged. And 12 years is kinda... off putting in my opinion. I mean if both of the people are happy and in love that's great <3 however 12 years is a bit creepy.
Because they often feel like guys younger than them are less mature. You might have a job and apartment but that doesn't make you older in her eyes. 12 years is still a big age difference, especially when she's older than you.
I think caramel_creme pretty much spelled it out. Older men dating younger women are so prized and congratulated for doing so, but it is exactly the opposite when you are an older woman dating a younger man. She might have approached you first, but she didn't know your age and maybe assumed you were not her age, but not like a decade plus younger. There is just a lot of awkwardness on both sides when you hang out with each other's friends or have to justify why you're dating someone SO MUCH OLDER/YOUNGER than you. It can be hard. You like to say none of that matters, but when it's brought up all the time, she or you may not feel like having to always deal with the same BS.
She must of thought you were older. Generally most women don't approach younger because there is always that bit of immaturity but you probably seemed to carry yourself as older. She is afraid of what people would say if you were to ask her out on a date.