He said: I'm not fighting for you?

He said that if I wanted to leave, be my guest, I'm not fighting you to stay with me.

Even though this was hypothetical, does this mean he's really not that invested? A guy that likes you is always going to fight for you - right?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Why should a person fight and struggle to keep their lover to stay with them? That makes no sense to me.

Cus they care?

Why would a person have to fight for their partner to stay with them to show they care? Why would their partner doubt if they care in the first place? Sounds like huge trust issues to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nobody should make anybody fight for them. The minute that even becomes a thing in a relationship, it's toxic.

What Guys Said 14

• Not nessesarily. It could just mean "I care about you and like being with you but if you you dont want to be with me anymore then I won't fight you on it."

• Are YOU invested in him? If so, then what he said was mean and rude.

• If a guy fights you to stay with him, he's a tool

I love my girlfriend and will stand up for her but that's a manipulation tactic if you threaten to leave just to get a response from him or you expect him to cling to your leg to prevent him from walking out that door. He recognizes it and won't go for it.

He's not gonna beg you to not leave

The question is why do you want him to fight you to stay with him? It doesn't make sense

I just wanted to know if he cared enough.

Cared enough to beg for a girl who doesn't want him?

No self respecting man would do something like that. Any that do is honestly clingy

Testing him like that is bullshit. He's with you because he WANTS you, not NEEDS you. He's not clingy

• It happens, quite often, that a guy fights like crazy to keep his lady. In the end, she still walks away. So the answer is NO! Sorry, but that's life. My attitude is "Love me? Love my dog!" Don't like the way I am, then go.

The bit that's missing here is why he said what he did. without that, the rest doesn't have a lot of meaning.

I said I was leaving him.

He said okay.

Then I told him I was joking and he said I'm not fighting for you if you rlly didn't wanna stay.

It doesn't pay to joke about that sort of thing. It can lead to misunderstandings, and a real break-up. Proper communication is essential. If you had an issue to really mean you were going to leave, you should always talk it through well before it gets to that stage.

Like I said, if he doesn't know why you said that, he probably believes that no amount of fighting will win you back.

• If I was in a relationship and she even joked about leaving me, it would irreparably damage the relationship. I would lose trust in her and it would eventually lead to the end of the relationship. That is one of the very few things I would never joke about in a relationship, or threaten unless it was going to end anyways.

• he's not interested in you a bit sorry, but im sure you can find a lot better guys than him

• It could just as easily mean that he has self-respect. I'm sure you've heard that saying “if you love them let them go. . . ," He shouldn't have to convince or fought you to stay, if the relationship is going to be successful both people need to wasn't too be there.

• If a girl is going to leave, why fight for her? It means she's not really into you and not worth it.

• why fight for someone who wouldn't do the same maybe he is feeling that way from u

• He could just be done with the drama still doesn't mean he doesn't love you

• I had a girl once that could not, would not believe me when she said I loved her. She never believed anything I said even though I never gave her any reason to think Iwas lying. And I never did lie to her either. She was alway testing everything I said and did and trying to get me to yell at her. I think she felt like if I would yell at her with all my anger it somehow would prove I love her. Eventually I basically told her the same thing. said it because fighting over stupid shit is not love. Having to prove yourself and pass some test every single day is not love.

• He wants you to make a decision about what you want. He's not going to control you, force you to stay. He wants you to stay if you actually want to stay and really do care about him.

If you wanted to leave then he has no business somehow forcing you to stay. He know this.

It says that he's reflected on the situation and knows he wants to be there even though he can leave at any time. He's obviously invested to a degree. But it can he him mentally preparing himself for the possibility of you leaving even when everything is going well. "Fighting for you" means his entire emotional well being rests on your relationship and he'll be lost without it. It's irresponsible to be that invested.

I think he's handling it perfectly.

Guys fighting for you is mind game bullshit. Don't do that.

"A guy that likes you is always going to fight for you - right?"
    Could you be more vague?
    I wonder if you care more about whether or not he likes you, or about whether he'd "fight for you"? - whatever that means.

• What does that even mean? "Fight for you" for what? All this is just a racket. lol

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• It doesn't mean he's not invested in you but it does mean he's not invested in childish games like joking about leaving someone.

• Leave, I promise you he will try to get you back. A friend of mine is going through something similar. And at the moment her boyfriend is begging to get back with her

• True you don't need him anyways

• If you stay you set yourself lower then him, you should always want to fight for someone you love ( at least to a certain extend)

• He doesn't care.. I would take that as a sign and bounce out.

• Or maybe he just feels like he doesn't want to fight for someone who doesn't even want him.