Show boyfriend that he has to make an effort to keep me?

He takes me 100% for granted. I talked to him about it, he said that I'm his and therefore he doesn't have to make an effort anymore. Any ideas how to show him that he has to fight for me a little bit now and then?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you aren't putting effort into him then he won't put effort into you. It's not just a one way thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• "he said that I'm his and therefore he doesn't have to make an effort anymore"
    This is a toxic and unhealthy view towards relationships that results only in failure. Every relationship takes work and if someone isn't willing to put in effort then they aren't worth your effort. Why are you wasting your time on someone who clearly doesn't give a shit about you?

What Guys Said 2

• Just leave. He's not making an effort and taking you for granted? Dump him , he's not worth your time. Plenty of men out there would do everything and anything for you, why are you settling for this clown?

• I find it remarkable just how broken some relationships are when they're treated as concepts rather than social relations with real people

What Girls Said 3

• You distance yourself and do your own thing, no point in being there for someone who feels like they don't have to do anything to keep you. relationships you are supposed to be constantly working at.

• If he truly cares about you, you wouldn't be here asking this question. You shouldn't have to ask someone to show you how they feel, because clearly he is already showing you that he doesn't.

• Don't bend over backwards for him anymore. However, he has voiced his opinions, therefore you should start thinking about how long-term this relationship would really be. However, what is it that you want him to do that would constitute as "effort"?