Would you go by looks or personality in a person?

Most Helpful Girl

• On one hand I'd like to not be shallow and say it's pure personality. But there are certain base characteristics I find attractive. Sometimes its broad shoulders, or strong arms (though not overly muscly as extreme muscles I don't find attractive though regular body building muscles are). I don't mind heavier people, grey hair, receding hair lines, or such. But I do like dark haired guys. Sometimes I find light eyes striking as a combo. I like them to be taller than me but they don't have to be super tall. If they are really tall I don't find it as fun sexually or even cuddling wise because of how the bodies fit each other. But as long as we are about the same height or up to 5-6 inches taller that is nice. I'm used to tan or darker skin and I like a nice smile.

In the end they could physically be something I'd want to sleep with. But not all people you want to sleep with are people that make for a good relationship. So if they were cuddly, down to earth, and shared my interests but happened to be a brunette I'd be happy as to the possibility of a relationship.

So I suppose for sex alone the answer is looks if we want to be rawly honest about it. But if it's for relationship its the personality and if they are what your attracted to that's a bonus. Though on the flip side sometime what you find attractive and possibly compatible in a relationship sometimes sucks in bed.

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to say looks all the way but then i dated bat shit cray cray , rude , self centered , selfish girl full of double standards. Despite being absolutely physically beautiful i had to get myself out of that fail relationship.
    Now i suppose both are equally important, i can't date a girl i do not find physically attractive also being in relationship with someone with a horrible personality is a nightmare.

What Girls Said 13

• both, of course.
    the first thing is looks bc that is was atttracts u... but if its a friend and someone u start to like, then definitely personality. but they are both equally as important :)

• Can't have one without the other.

• A mixture of both. Something has to attract me to him initially (and that can vary), but his personality is what would keep me wanting to be with him.

• Looks is what gets you the first date
    personality the second.

If the person doesn't like either of those then it's just not going to work.

• Looks first personality second. If there's no personality then I won't be sticking around for a second longer regardless of how hot he is.

• Both i can't live neither look at someome ugly and can't talk with someone with a shitty personality i slap him directly

• Both have to be a factor for me. I'd have to be attracted to someone to pursue someone, and that personality has to be right.

• Both. Sorry not sorry but even if their personality is perfect, having somewhat good looks would make or break the deal.

• Personality first to know if I genuinely like them

• Both

• Both.

• Personality.

• Both are important to me. I go by looks first.

What Guys Said 9

• Personality, no doubt. Looks fade, personality mainly changes when someone destroys it.

• Personality cause just looks is going to be real annoying

• Half

Personality couldn't keep me or even start me with a butt ugly girl

Looks won't start me with a complete bitch or a clingy psycho

• half and half

• There is enough good looking people for you to choose the one whose personality you like the best.
    That is how it works really.

• Looks of course. If I'm not attracted to them in the first place, I wouldn't talk to them and never know their personality.

• Both, but it's less hard for me to compromise on a girl's looks then on if she is a slut.

• Both. When you look like me and attract the attention I do, you need to learn how to relate the lower people in society.

• Looks can create the initial interest, but without personality its doomed. I have briefly dated georgeous girls who are really shallow. Doesn't last long. I much prefer a girl who can hold her own side of a conversation! So - personality.