Things were going well, but suddenly guy becomes distant? Did I scare him away?

I've asked a question a few days back and here is just a recap:
So I've been dating this guy for over a month (we met through the dating app Bumble), and have been seeing him at least once every week and text on a daily basis. He also have introduced me to his friends/roommates and have hung out with all of them several times. He shows PDA every time we are together, even in front of his friends as well. I know he still has the app on his phone, but things are rather going well. Now I know all the talk about holding on sex until we are exclusive because there won't be any more "chase" - but tbh I did sleep with him a few times already. I was hoping to talk to him in person (about being exclusive//know where his head is at about us) this weekend as I do not want to wait for too long if this is going nowhere and rather end it now before it goes too long and I'd be more hurt in the long run. However, suddenly this week he has been more distant than usual. He does not text as much as he used to and is not as 'lovey dovey' as usual. The last time we met (I stayed over), I left him a note saying how much I felt safe and protected when I am around him and I cannot wait for the week to pass faster so I can see him again. He responded to that note saying he loved it and glad to know that he makes me feel that way. But still, he is acting very weird and very very distant. Did I scare him away? What should I do? I would really want to communicate with him without pressuring him or suffocating him. Should I just wait it out and give him space, risking him ghosting me?

Thanks!

What Guys Said 2

• He's not that into you and never will be. Move on

• He is only using you. He doesn't want anything serious. You should move on. He never wanted anything but sex. He has gotten what he wants. He's playing you.

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't like you that much.