Dating a christian... yea or nay?

i dont like christianity, just some shit the Romans made up to keep power forever in some form. but then i prefer people who have their own/non-traditinoal spirituality, they are more grounded and down to Earth. is it wrong not to want to date a Christian?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not wrong at all. It's completely understandable to want to date someone with a similar view of the world. Having different views about religion could potentially cause friction in the relationship (although not in all cases).

But I don't think it's fair to say that religious people are less grounded and down to earth. While some Christians can be super judgmental and have issues, others are genuinely really kind and accepting and enjoy the community-aspect of being a part of their religion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just some shit the Romans made up to keep power forever in some form.

Except that God was worshiped in the same capacity much in the same way, way before before the Romans were around.

And the Romans created Roman Catholicism not Christianity, Christianity as we know it today was created from the teachings of Jesus Christ, son of God during and after his life time to the current day. Though the old testament which is the Torah the Jewish holy book is also part of Christianity, as it shows the journey of Gods people starting from the old testament and transitioning into the new testament when Jesus sacrificed himself on the cross this led to God forgiving us for our sins because his only son gave his life for all of humanity and this led to us reforming our religion based on Jesus's teachings and since Jesus gave his life for us, among other things, that made a lot of the practices and such in the old testament void.

Also if the Romans truly did created Christianity like you believe then why didn't they and everyone they ruled adhere to the offerings and sacrificial system renowned for it's complicated details in the old testament that God expected and demanded that his followers adhere to which among many things included almost daily offerings and sacrifices of grain and animals. And why didn't the Romans adhere to the punishment system either that required many things if one committed a sin or did something that god said they were not supposed to do which were many, many things. Which included but was not limited to going to the temple (s) and asking for forgiveness, animal sacrifices, offerings of grain, herbs and the like, bathing, among other things.

Followers of God and the Jews especially did this in the old testament.

And no it is not wrong if you don't want to date a Christian it's completely your choice and there is nothing wrong with that. You are a human with free will after all.

What Girls Said 13

• If he/she didn't try to change my views or force me to do things I didn't want to, then I see no issue with it. Marriage before sex I could handle, occasionally attending church with their family, I can handle. Constantly reciting the bible and throwing my "sins" in my face or trying to make me get baptized or something, I cannot handle.

• No, it's fine. Probably better that way. Just means your beliefs are less likely to clash if you got married or had kids.

• I wouldn't date any over religious person. If they are too closed minded, too illogical, then it would just be a bunch of fights. they belong with others of their kind because thats about the only type of people that can handle their shit. otherwise there will be a lot of clashes. Now if someone were open minded and what not and happened to be christian, thats a fat maybe for me. But my experience has been that they tend to be very caught up in their beliefs and are not open to others and quickly condemn or judge.

I dont think its wrong at all, you're just looking out for whats in your best interest.

• why would you even think like that?
    i'm dating a buddhist and we respect each other's beliefs.

because it's just how it is, people have opinions and preferences.

Some people find it easier to date people with similar beliefs.

• Nah, they're so uptight with their views

• I wouldn't. They might try to shove their religion down your throat. But maybe not, give it a shot

• I'm a Christian, but I rather date an atheist. Also I'm not very serious about my religion.

• Depends, some can be mean and uptight

• I will never date a uptight one

• I might be open to it.

• No if anything its some what smart. I dont date religious people because they are too judgmental and have strange beliefs. You only live once so why be judged for how you live your life.

• Nay and I don't like christianity either. No it's not wrong to not want to date a Christian. I would not want to date a person who worships three gods.

• Romans didn't create Christianity, please educated yourself before making offensive, and quite frankly illiterate, opinions.

What Guys Said 12

• No, that's just your opinion and you are entitled to it.

However, bear in mind that you shouldn't judge a girl because of her beliefs. And if you somehow end up dating one, remember that the goal is for you to respect her beliefs and so should she.

Best of luck

• Most of them are so uptight and judge so much. So it's not wrong to not date one. Maybe it will save you a lot of headache.

• It makes perfect sense to not want to date a person who follows that particular mindset.

• Would never date a Christian... Fuck. That.

• Romans didn't invent Christianity. They were against it for some time and would imprison or excecute people who followed Jesus.

• "I don't like Christianity, just some shit the Romans made up"

Lol what the fuck?

it's just my view. and? am i not allowed to make it?

Just, what do you base that on?

your attitude. and like how i supposed to care if you despise me being goofy. sorry, it's human, don't project.. haha.

• Depends on the extent.

• Romans didn't create Christianity. I don't care if you don't want to date a Christian, but learn the facts before you spew out nonsense.

it's pretty obvious that it got doctored by the Romans, come on... don't put your head in the sand.

• If you're gonna have those stupid views than yea don't date a christian

• I don't like religions at all but i would date for sure.

• Does it matter?

it does, since you're dopey and people can ask what they want.

Boy where do u live

you live in faggot village, admit it. haha.. you look gay, but that's cool. it's my right to judge you, since you're not mentally normal. i say what i want, and you're bitching i'm defending myself.

• Who the fuck cares, come on man.