If you were a virgin, would you be upset if your partner was not? Do you regret losing it person, place etc?

I am waiting for marriage and I get asked this question a lot, I really don't know the answer it depends on the men and if they regretted it then I'd feel differently only if they truly regretted it you know? It is not the end of world but I'll just have to vet the person a little more then most would, so I can learn to trust him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Continue waiting for Marriage.

1. According to the CDC, young people aged 15 to 24 years acquire half of all new STDs and 1 in 4 sexually active adolescent females have an STD. Sexually active adolescents aged 15 to 19 years and young adults aged 20 to 24 years are at higher risk of acquiring STD’s.
    2. According to The National Survey of Family Growth (CDC), women with 0-1 partners were the least likely to divorce.

family-studies.org/.../

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a virgin, and I won't be upset if I end up losing my virginity to a guy who's not one.
    I have no control over his sexual life, I can't make decisions for him. So, if he had sex with other girls before me, there's nothing I can do.
    But if you're waiting for marriage, that's a different story. So, I can see why you would be upset.

What Guys Said 12

• If I was a virgin and the person I was about to sleep with wasn't, I can be honest and say I'd be sad this was not something we could share and give to each other, but I wouldn't be hurt by it. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. It would probably just make me sad, perhaps a bit depressed for a short while and then I'd be over it. At the end of the day that's not what I would base my relationship or decisions on as for being with someone so it wouldn't overwhelm me or anything like that.

• I have no regrets losing mine

• Yeah, if they are my first and only then I would prefer to be theirs too.

• I am saving myself, too. And yes I would be upset that she didn't do the same, but it doesn't matter, I'd still love her with all my heart.

• Who in God's name would honestly say they, "truly regretted it," and why would they regret it?

I regret losing mine to the guy I did he was trying to rush things he yelled at me to relax when it was hurting and I wanted him to stop the rest of the night I sat on the bed frozen with fear the guy is in prison now

@EmilyC88 Well, I'm glad to hear that that guy is in jail, presumably for rape. The unwritten part of my response (I admit I should have included it in my response) what GUY would honestly say they, "truly regretted it," and why would they regret it?

• Yes and no. Yes because it would sad to know a guy had the privilege to be her "first one" but no at the same time as she knows what's she doing

• It wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'd prefer to lose our virginities together with my future partner.

• Never go against your integrity. Any guy that would ask you to do so has none himself. Use yourself as a gauge to judge the guy's you meet. If the guy has good intentions or the same has yours he would act in a similar manner as you would.

• now a days no. it's kind of unreasonable to think everyone my be virgins so you must accept some will have already had their first time.

• Zero regrets

• they wouldn't even be anything

• Not at all. Lost mine with my first girlfriend - she was a virgin too and I cannot say the experience of losing it was mind-blowing. Several relationships later I am very happily married to a wonderful lady (who was not a virgin when we started dating).
    I regard it as a learning experience. The thing is - for the lady especially - losing it is not going to be a fantastic experience if partnered with someone inexperienced.

What Girls Said 10

• It would be better if we both are virgins but I don't think that would be a big deal if he isn't though.

• No I wouldn't be upset. I don't regret losing it. Though the first time was disappointing, it opened my mind and I sought to gain more knowledge and experience and explore my sexuality deeper. Overall I prefer skilled and experienced men over virgins.

• I regret losing it to the person I lost it to only because at the time had multiple girlfriends (including me) and his count was at 60. Gross gross gross

Life lessons...(sigh)

I mean he molested me. It was a life lesson he had to learn not me

Then you didn't lose it, he took it something that didn't belong to him. You make it sound as if it were your fault, he took something that wasn't his. I hope this faggot is in jail...

• No it wouldn't bother me. I would see it as an advantage to be with someone with experience. I have the knowledge but he can show me what he likes.

• it shouldn't really matter since they are with you now and you can't change their past but if it does make a difference to you then you should ask that question early in your relationship so you both dont get hurt down the line.

• I would rather they not be a virgin

• No, I wouldn't be upset.

I do not regret losing my virginity, since at the time I loved the guy. I was planning on being with him for a long time. Even though that didn't happen, no regrets since I found out some things about myself.

• No but it would be ideal , I'd be upset if they are not understanding of the situation

• I never regretted for losing mine even though he was a horrible lover. At least I got rid of it.

• I am a virgin and would prefer one as well.